Viewing 15 posts - 26,626 through 26,640 (of 39,922 total)
There is no guarantee that the ports will be the same on a restart. That's why your clients contact the server on 1434 and then get the port for that...
October 29, 2008 at 10:05 am
Do you mean you have two sets of tables and you are replicating both to a single table on the subscriber?
If you're turning replication on and off, you might lose...
October 29, 2008 at 9:59 am
Two versions tend to be tested/supported on the OS. So I'd expect SS2K5 and SS2k8 were tested on W2K8.
I'd actually look at 2008 as a more stable version of 2005....
October 29, 2008 at 9:46 am
You can find deals as well. I got TechNet a few years ago when I took an exam. I got MSDN with my MVP award.
The Express editions will get...
October 29, 2008 at 7:52 am
It would seem that they don't know a lot of T-SQL, but that doesn't necessarily mean they can't learn it or aren't a good DBA. plenty of people use the...
October 29, 2008 at 7:49 am
Interesting question. Posters in the last year is about 20k, not a lot. But that's the nature of the Internet. Most people lurk or read and don't participate. I've got...
October 29, 2008 at 7:12 am
No guns at work. Chances are we're run out of developers and have to go code things ourselves. Now truncheons....
I thought this was a little silly shooting the podcast, or...
October 29, 2008 at 6:47 am
A full backup doesn't back up the log. There might be log entries of the database is under heavy use as the backup is running as there could be the...
October 28, 2008 at 10:38 pm
We'll probably feel like we're in a purple haze as more apps get built with this thing!
October 28, 2008 at 10:36 pm
Or use a single backup job, drop parameters in a table, let the job run pick up parameters (db name, type of backup, path to file, etc.) from the table....
October 28, 2008 at 4:38 pm
I thought that the backup would run under the context of the service account for SQL Server. You submit the request under your SQL login, but the service account for...
October 28, 2008 at 4:11 pm
You need to track the usage of space over time to know if you need to add more space. In general you want enough space to last 2-6 months, so...
October 28, 2008 at 3:45 pm
Did you upgrade or not? You cannot have two default instances, yet you say you had a 2000 default and chose default not upgrade during the install.
I suspect that you...
October 28, 2008 at 10:20 am
You could detach and attach, but I suspect you'll need to alter the log shipping jobs at some point. The log restores should pick up, but not sure how that...
October 28, 2008 at 9:22 am
Each file has to be a query. It seems you have that. You use SQLCMD to just execute that query. The file contains the same thing that you would execute...
October 28, 2008 at 9:21 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,626 through 26,640 (of 39,922 total)