Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 26,491 through 26,505 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: Very Odd Backup Notification

    Very strange. Copy only backup? Was this model by any chance?

    Any other data in the logs?

  • RE: sql backup

    Diff backups run well and Mike has a great explanation.

    Note that diffs grow larger each time because each diff grabs data since the last full, not since the last diff.

  • RE: How to take back up in network drive...

    The backup process throws pages out as quickly as it can. It has no tolerance for delays because of the nature of the backup. It is NOT anything like a...

  • RE: Third-Party Backup Software

    They all do about the same thing. Performance? They'll all be close. You might have some machines faster with one, not on others.

    I work for Red Gate, but I've considered...

  • RE: Third-Party Backup Software

    They all do about the same thing. Performance? They'll all be close. You might have some machines faster with one, not on others.

    I work for Red Gate, but I've considered...

  • RE: Backup

    either something else was running or you had a conflict.

    Are you backing up to new files all the time? Could have corrupted a file and that might stick the...

  • RE: Performance Alert passing values to stored proc?

    you can set an alert on size, but I'm not sure you can pass that to a proc. You can probably get the size in T-SQL, but if you should...

  • RE: Auditing a table that's being truncated

    It's got to be someone with owner level permissions. I didn't think DELETE allowed this.

    I'd run a trace, looking for that table or for the TRUNCATE command.

  • RE: Creative SPAM

    Or perhaps need regular quality control checkers?

  • RE: The Security of You

    Someone pointed it out; we don't know what the issues are. It's like us designing applications and users not realizing what the issues are until they see the final product....

  • RE: Normalizing-Denormalized Tables

    I thought you had an interesting idea and it's worth considering for other people. I'm not sure how performance has changed. That would be an interesting follow-up.

    Actually it would be...

  • RE: SQL2K5 backup table by table of a database

    You should be able to limit users from deleting entire tables. If you are restoring them, likely it's not part of their job.

    You can download Log Rescue from Red Gate,...

  • RE: Temp table

    How are you getting the new name? It it just the letter plus the row number? You need a tally type table to do this in 2000.

  • RE: question regarding permissions to a user

    You can run fn_my_permissions once connected to see what permissions she has.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms176097.aspx

    If you are getting the connection timeout, likely she is having network issues. Could be communications or firewall. How...

  • RE: Help with interview questions for a DBA position

    Be sure you know where and how to look for answers as well. You might get stumped, but it will help if you know how to find answers.

Viewing 15 posts - 26,491 through 26,505 (of 39,922 total)