Viewing 15 posts - 26,476 through 26,490 (of 39,922 total)
No matter how you load it, if you go with one large transaction, then you have log issues (and potential rollback issues). SSIS is essentially a C# application written to...
November 11, 2008 at 8:38 am
It will take time and you'll need disk space to house the index. It will require resources, so you might want to pick a low activity period to do it...
November 11, 2008 at 8:36 am
sp_help_job is what I'd use as well.
November 11, 2008 at 8:35 am
First, lots of companies won't do this because production data should not be disclosed to QA. Financial stuff, identity, etc. You're asking for issues. Lots of companies I know of...
November 11, 2008 at 8:34 am
Blandry, I think it depends on what you're trying to achieve. I have development experience, but I'd be a low, intermediate developer at best in terms of coding skill and...
November 11, 2008 at 8:32 am
If you must use one physical server, I'd do one instance. Two instances can be tricky and it sounds like you don't really know how this works. In that case...
November 10, 2008 at 12:20 pm
With 2005 and 2008, they aren't necessarily required for auditing. Actually you could argue that Profiler/trace means they weren't needed previously either. They do many auditing easier in many cases,...
November 10, 2008 at 12:19 pm
dbcc shrinkfile.
Only shrink it to the size you need for peak size between log backups. Not what's used now.
November 10, 2008 at 12:18 pm
As soon as you upgrade to refrigerators to cool the beer, I'll take you up on that.
Actually if you're near Cambridge, let me know. I'm likely to be over there...
November 10, 2008 at 12:14 pm
You cannot reset your password, but you can change it on expiration.
Not sure I'd hire anyone who chose the last option as anything other than a joke. Not sure I'd...
November 10, 2008 at 12:13 pm
Roger,
Thanks for the update. Good to see the SQL team is watching and responding to the community.
November 10, 2008 at 12:12 pm
I'd argue with the Patriot Act, I wouldn't trust the other side any more.
November 10, 2008 at 12:11 pm
one instance, SQL Server can manage resources within itself.
multiple instances - resource contention, tempdb separation.
I wouldn't necessarily look to put a warehouse on the same instance as other databases. Typically...
November 10, 2008 at 12:10 pm
Make sure you maintenance plan logs to the file system so you get more details. We can help if you don't understand them.
November 10, 2008 at 12:08 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 26,476 through 26,490 (of 39,922 total)