Viewing 15 posts - 26,506 through 26,520 (of 39,922 total)
The IN function expands to a series of ORs for each value. Performance depends on how many you have and how you are indexed, as well as the data distribution.
you...
November 9, 2008 at 9:07 am
While I'm sure you'd enjoy going home, you should change the password. Finding a DBA or even moving to another workstation is fairly inefficient.
November 8, 2008 at 2:32 pm
First backup to separate drives than you store data on, or script out a copy immediately.
Depending on size, I'd run a full every night and differentials in the middle to...
November 8, 2008 at 2:31 pm
Did you lose a disk or move things around? It looks like either you have a bad disk, or it moved. Is the error log back there?
Also, check the...
November 8, 2008 at 2:28 pm
Interesting subjects. And thanks for the laughs. Glad I didn't forward that beer one on to Tony.
My Mom gets all kinds of stuff from friends and sends it on. I'm...
November 8, 2008 at 9:59 am
I think all of us have done some of this with root cause analysis or backtracking through logs to find out what happened. Data has an interesting aspect in that...
November 8, 2008 at 9:56 am
Are you connecting via named pipes? Check your client config.
You want to have a specific port set for each instance and then use that in your registration on the client....
November 7, 2008 at 10:17 am
It sounds like it just flaked out. AFAIK, the restore with standby should not take much longer than a restore with norecovery.
Perhaps you have transactions open in the secondary database...
November 7, 2008 at 9:05 am
That's amazing. I would think that if you needed help they'd call someone in anytime day or night. However you did say they were there on request. At least that's...
November 7, 2008 at 8:50 am
You can search information_schema.columns in both systems, order by name, and the compare to see which columns are in the tables, or which ones aren't.
Then you can use an ALTER...
November 7, 2008 at 6:46 am
Don't cross post: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic598854-361-1.aspx?Update=1
November 7, 2008 at 6:43 am
There isn't a set hardware configuration.
How are you partitioning? What is the purpose? There isn't a way to answer a general question like this because it depends on how...
November 7, 2008 at 6:18 am
I think you have some HTML that's being seen as code and not a post.
If you want to delete everything after say, [*---, then you search for that in charindex,...
November 6, 2008 at 8:47 pm
You would need to run a tail log backup. The problem is I'm not sure how you will run one if you deleted the MDF.
You can recover to 3:00 using...
November 6, 2008 at 4:43 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 26,506 through 26,520 (of 39,922 total)