Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 26,461 through 26,475 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: Keeping QA in sync with Production

    I'm with Raj. Unless you are deploying changes daily, I'd say that real-time is a bad idea. Even using QA for standby doesn't work since you can't "trust" the data...

  • RE: Performance Monitor on Windows Server 2003

    There is some overhead to measuring the counters and logging them. If you have the graphical display up, this uses overhead as well.

    you can use Task Manager to get an...

  • RE: qurey using lots of connections

    A particular SPID typically is on one connection. A user can be connected many times, but each process has it's own ID.

    SPIDs are reused, so you can see them in...

  • RE: Normal Distribution

    Can you explain what you mean? Do you mean statistical standard deviations? there are functions for this.

  • RE: How to store SQL Agent Job Step output messages

    Set up logging for the package, and then use the logging provider to point to a table.

    Moved to the SSIS forum.

  • RE: Why Shrink DB is bad?

    You want to keep free space in the files. That is what is used as the server needs to allocate space for inserts/deletes. This is expensive, and you don't want...

  • RE: Monitoring DBs

    What are you looking to monitor? There's a whole range of things here.

    sqlSentry has a good performance monitoring tool.

    Quest has some tools, can be expensive

    Idera has a variety of tools...

  • RE: Secondary Backup / Restore Strategy

    I like Diff backups if you can do them because they speed and simplify restores. I have run them every 2-6 hours at times to ensure that I don't have...

  • RE: Are Triggers a "legacy" Feature? (Database Weekly, Nov 08 2008)

    I agree with Robert. Portability doesn't mean writing the lowest common denominator. The code shouldn't be lifted from one platform and dropped on another. It should be slightly altered to...

  • RE: Fix the Little Things

    I'm not sure about the removing features, but there are quite a few little things that would make life easier, and they're not usually important enough for someone to write...

  • RE: Sending an email to myself when certain event occur

    I'll move this to the strategies forum.

    The way I'd do this is in stages. First I'd get mail working. Look up Database Mail, get that setup and tested.

    Next, I'd create...

  • RE: DBA Value

    Hey, I'm starting to resemble that remark. :w00t:

  • RE: Automaticall add users to Database

    Likely the issue is the Dynamics user doesn't have rights to create the user. You are having database issues.

    What you might want to do if you sort out rights is...

  • RE: How to filter columns from result set of a system sp

    Jerry has some good ideas. I'd dig into and see if the procedures that you are looking at have additional parameters. Some do which might help in cases. This one...

  • RE: sql statement

    Please don't use polls to ask questions.

Viewing 15 posts - 26,461 through 26,475 (of 39,922 total)