Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 26,446 through 26,460 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: DB Referential Integrity

    Are you saying physical structures or logically if you have things set up in RI?

    The constraints are enforced, as are unique indexes if you didn't allow dups when you built...

  • RE: Will multi-instances introduce unique SQL Virtual IP addresses?

    You could have 2 different IPs, one on each node (active / active), or you could have 1 with different ports (active/passive), but not 3.

    If you had 3 nodes, you...

  • RE: Fix the Little Things

    And on every instance. Usually I have things scripted out, but still I shouldn't have to implement this every time.

  • RE: Fix the Little Things

    Ah, but the problem is the way the option is there. It shouldn't be an offline operation. Making this an enterprise only feature was ridiculous. I understand most of them,...

  • RE: The Security of You

    Yikes, a smell sensor?!?!

    Not sure I want to handle data quality on that one

  • RE: Why Shrink DB is bad?

    You can't, but if it's a daily load, why do you care? The space will get reused tomorrow.

  • RE: Normal Distribution

    The data set you would have to get from source. Or make one up. There isn't a standard way to make one.

    You can store the x, y coordinates in a...

  • RE: CVS files out of Sql Server....

    🙂

    SSMS, get the results, click the upper left corner (or Select All) and then save as. Will output as CSV.

  • RE: Inserted seems to remember values between updates/inserts

    I thought inserted/deleted contained all the values (columns) in the table, just with the values before/after the changes.

  • RE: Moving system Db's

    Also, if you want more tempdb space, move it first, restart, then alter it for more space. Don't do both at once.

  • RE: Moving system Db's

    It's simple, as Jonathan mentioned, but for sure there is downtime.

    Not a lot, but enough to stop/restart SQL Server.

  • RE: Strange error message

    Never seen that. Can you reboot to see if it clears? I know that's not a good way to handle this, but I'm curious to see if it goes away...

  • RE: unable to alter,drop,rename or select from a view

    Someone likely has a schema lock on it somewhere. Check sp_lock

  • RE: DBA Value

    Diverse skills if there is talent can get a higher salary. Jacks of all trades, masters of none is what so many average people have, and that's normal. That's not...

  • RE: CVS files out of Sql Server....

    Is this an interview question? hopefully you've answered "I don't know"

    It's easy to do with SSMS as a hint.

Viewing 15 posts - 26,446 through 26,460 (of 39,922 total)