Viewing 15 posts - 26,266 through 26,280 (of 39,922 total)
There might be a third party component to send SMS, but you're better off just using email to do this.
December 1, 2008 at 3:44 pm
This is a SQL script, shouldn't matter if you have 32 or 64 bit.
December 1, 2008 at 3:43 pm
Read-only makes perfect sense, and in that case, you do want a smaller restore.
However as disks fill up, performance does suffer, so even with read only, you want some buffer...
December 1, 2008 at 2:07 pm
Heh... thanks for the vote of confidence, but I learn something new about T-SQL everyday even if it's how to NOT do something. 😀
I'd bet it's more often how not...
December 1, 2008 at 1:02 pm
I'm wary of recursive CTEs as well. And concerned that because something appears clearer, you use it instead of something better. Another thread had a discussion on a left join...
December 1, 2008 at 1:01 pm
If you run this as a select without the CAST, what comes back. Chances are you're missing something there.
I might use CHARINDEX to find the right spot, maybe with a...
December 1, 2008 at 12:00 pm
Why do you need to shrink it? Is this for test?
You can shrink it afterwards, and I've heard that Hyperbac supports this restore (less than original size).
December 1, 2008 at 11:48 am
Nate,
Send a note to Red Gate Support on this. I'll ping them as well.
December 1, 2008 at 11:46 am
Sorry, was in a scheduling mode and missed this was a holiday. I know, I know, I should pay more attention. Between PASS and Thanksgiving (plus vacation) wasn't keeping track...
December 1, 2008 at 11:43 am
I assume it's not listed in sys.databases at all?
I might look to remove anything from the registry that references it. Not sure what's there, but dig around under HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Microsoft SQL...
December 1, 2008 at 11:37 am
It's fairly simple logic in the WHERE clause, no different from a select clause.
In fact, I'd recommend testing with the SELECT first, then changing the update.
You can add another AND...
December 1, 2008 at 11:35 am
VMs have a config file and virtual disk file, which have creation dates, but again, I'm not sure, whether thought out or not, that this has something to do with...
December 1, 2008 at 11:32 am
I'd go look at what's offered by SQL Skills, Solid Quality mentors, Scalability Experts and see if something fits. Lots of those people who deal with large systems are at...
December 1, 2008 at 11:30 am
What is standard auditing?
In 2000, there isn't any good way to do this. Triggers won't help. Instead you'd have to set up a trace that would capture SELECTs against this...
December 1, 2008 at 11:28 am
I do run ad hoc queries here and there. And no, not likely to expose that 🙂
The MVP leads contact me at times, and feel free to refer them to...
December 1, 2008 at 11:20 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,266 through 26,280 (of 39,922 total)