Viewing 15 posts - 26,281 through 26,295 (of 39,922 total)
I'd start here: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Monitoring/61373/
December 1, 2008 at 11:18 am
You'd have to examine the execution plans but my hunch would be just put them in the view.
December 1, 2008 at 11:17 am
I'm with Jack. #2 is easier to read, but I'd suspect that #1 works better.
December 1, 2008 at 11:17 am
What are the errors? The script looks OK here. Conversion errors usually mean you're not extracting the data correctly.
December 1, 2008 at 11:16 am
If you had the rights, and could dbcc inputbuffer your SPID, that might work. But it doesn't always get you everything.
What are you trying to accomplish here? Figure out where...
December 1, 2008 at 11:15 am
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean you need both conditions? Or update if either is there?
December 1, 2008 at 11:14 am
The Microsoft classes are geared towards teaching the exam, not getting you better at strong skills.
Really you need one of a few things. A custom class from End to End...
December 1, 2008 at 11:13 am
Profiler/SQL Trace is really your only choice here. Set up a trace to capture stuff hitting the table.
December 1, 2008 at 11:10 am
Closing this thread as it's drifting a bit.
Please post requests in the appropriate forum.
December 1, 2008 at 10:00 am
I like identities, especially for something like this. A multi-page form, where you'll like to store the data after each page in case the session breaks and they need to...
December 1, 2008 at 9:47 am
CDATE isn't a valid T-SQL function, it's ASP.
How is the ASP syntax structured?
Usually you'd do something like
strCMD = "SELECT dbo_CallLog.CallID AS Ticket, dbo_CallLog.Category, dbo_CallLog.CallDesc, dbo_Asgnmnt.Notes, " + CDate((dbo_Asgnmnt!DTLastMod/60/60/24)+25569)+
" AS...
December 1, 2008 at 8:15 am
I agree with Gail. Truncating the log isn't something you want to regularly do. It's kind of an emergency feature, not something you want to use regularly.
December 1, 2008 at 8:10 am
Are you converting different numbers like this?
1,2,3,4
Those are characters if you delimit them. SQL doesn't recognize arrays or delimited strings as a set of numbers. It's a character string.
December 1, 2008 at 8:06 am
Or just leave the log size larger. It's obviously needed for the operation and a larger log doesn't affect the way your system runs (other than needing disk space).
I'm not...
December 1, 2008 at 8:04 am
I thought it was an interesting story about how easy it is to overlook something. It's good to be reminded regularly that indexes matter and that new features, like CTEs,...
December 1, 2008 at 7:58 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,281 through 26,295 (of 39,922 total)