Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 25,636 through 25,650 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: Virtualization forum section

    Good idea, I'll add one somewhere. Despite my desire to have less forums, this makes some sense.

  • RE: Great IT Shops

    You'd think I'd be used to typing 2008 by now.

    The core of 2008 is the same as 2005.

  • RE: Don't Let the Economic Downturn Get You Down

    I'd like to think that's the minority, but who knows. When you're struggling to find a job, you can really be driven to do things. At least he's asking. Hopefully...

  • RE: Image is Everything

    There's a nice dojo in Seattle I went to with Gail. Likely that will be a yearly stop at PASS. Anyone's welcome to join us.

  • RE: A Dearth of Comments

    David,

    That's a good point. I think that's what I've learned to do over time just for expediancy's sake.

  • RE: Best method to migrate to new DB server

    I'm not sure one is much faster than the other, but you need to determine why you can't get a backup. What is the error?

    If you detach/attach, be sure you...

  • RE: [newbie] SQL Server 2005 Enterprise compatible with Windows Server 2008?

    What was the error?

    Likely the installer doesn't recognize W2K8, but I bet this will work fine. This used to occur with SQL 65 on W2K and SQL 7 on W2k3,...

  • RE: SQLServerCentral Newsletter

    They're still going. Might be an update to a filter on your end.

  • RE: Great IT Shops

    I don't think 2005 has any advantages over 2008. 2008 is essentially a 2nd version of 2005 with features bolted on. Now I wouldn't necessarily use some of those new...

  • RE: Image is Everything

    And Gail wears a nice, pressed hakima for throwing her favorite editor around 🙂

  • RE: Look at the size of my BCHR

    I've honestly stopped checking this at many servers since they're usually > 90%. However I have seen it in the 80s or lower and more memory almost always solves this...

  • RE: How Would You Rate This? - Database Weekly (Dec 29, 2008)

    Paul, I tend to agree with that. MS is open in some ways, but very closed in others.

    Let us know there's something in the works. In this case, I'm not...

  • RE: The New Year - 2009

    I agree somewhat about BI being an oxymoron. I've seen quite a bit of stuff that says they put in too much BI-type analysis and counted on it to lower...

  • RE: A Dearth of Comments

    Relevance and clarity for sure. That might be sparse documentation IF it's clear.

    It also has to be readily available. Which is another problem. Code is easier, but keeping it near...

  • RE: Great IT Shops

    Definitely choose 2008. Not sure Vista stinks, but it isn't much better than XP in many ways, and worse in some, notably using resources.

Viewing 15 posts - 25,636 through 25,650 (of 39,921 total)