Viewing 15 posts - 25,621 through 25,635 (of 39,921 total)
well said, Major. It's the "what" it says that causes so much debate.
apparently it's a hot button issue, however since this thread is one of the most posted to in...
January 12, 2009 at 8:31 am
Feel free to pass it along. I know there are lots of virtualization questions out there.
January 12, 2009 at 8:29 am
You can right click the SQL Agent and script out a bunch of this stuff as well. Packages you have to move manually.
January 11, 2009 at 8:47 pm
no, these are specific to each instance.
January 11, 2009 at 8:45 pm
Are the server and client on different SP levels.
January 11, 2009 at 8:45 pm
I think priming can matter, but I'd like to think that there are many more things which would come up in a meeting that would overwhelm the primed pump.
And I'd...
January 11, 2009 at 8:43 pm
Gail has the best suggestion for this. Be aware you may have locks on the tables as you move them, so pick a lot activity time.
January 11, 2009 at 11:23 am
I like Phil's suggestion and that's what I go with. It could get complicated to try and merge these rows using SSIS.
January 11, 2009 at 11:21 am
I think this might be a generic error in that having a single member as part of the group. There might be a setting that wants to have more than...
January 11, 2009 at 11:20 am
You'll have to provide more information about the table and what you are doing. What type of transfer are you doing, what is the table DDl, etc.
Also, there's no such...
January 11, 2009 at 11:18 am
I haven't tried it, but the remote install should work. Haven't seen a lot of issues reported on it, though I doubt many people do use it.
What I would recommend...
January 11, 2009 at 11:14 am
I prefer the join conditions.
update x
set date = getdate()
from inserted i
where i.PK = x.PK
Gail, not sure if this is a language thing, seeing brackets in your post...
January 11, 2009 at 11:13 am
As a technology, nothing it wrong with Access. It fits in places, but it also is deployed to many people that get themselves into trouble with databases. In many ways...
January 11, 2009 at 11:11 am
True, you have to do the backup, but you don't have to stop work while you do it and can keep the DB up.
If that doesn't matter, detach will...
January 11, 2009 at 10:47 am
Viewing 15 posts - 25,621 through 25,635 (of 39,921 total)