Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 25,651 through 25,665 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: Don't Let the Economic Downturn Get You Down

    James, as a manager, there are definitely things you need to withhold. Some of that is business related, some confidentiality, etc.

    However as a worker, you shouldn't withhold information required to...

  • RE: Separate full name into diff fields

    You will have to build a series of logic steps to handle this. You need to know what prefixes to look for and handle those (Mr., Mr, Ms, Ms., Mrs,...

  • RE: Jobs Failuers

    For every job, there are various options in the properties. One of these is notifications.

    You have to set up an operator, set up Database Mail, and then you can select...

  • RE: SQL Server is stoped unexpectedly??????

    Are you running SQL 2000, IIS, and SQL 2005 all on this server?

  • RE: Update Problem Still Persists

    It does sound crazy.

    Can you create a new user (and login) and trace that from the application? I'm suspicious that the application is doing something else and you're missing it...

  • RE: Database running very slow

    Great advice from Andrew, and if that doesn't work, the likely cause is that you need to tune your SQL more. Badly written code, or a lack of indexes, account...

  • RE: Image is Everything

    Jack Corbett (1/9/2009)


    Wow, I think this may be a record for editorials.

    I have one more comment, Image is not just appearance, it is also attitude and getting along with others....

  • RE: database mirroring

    Database mirroring does not exist in SQL 2000.

  • RE: Data Recovery

    You're not saving much by backing up the log every 30 minutes v every 5 or 10. I'd run log backups more often if you're concerned.

    Also, be sure you're...

  • RE: How to Backup to Tape

    I would recommend that you manage SQL backups with SQL Server. Run the backups to disk as it's faster, more reliable, and if you have an issue, you can recover...

  • RE: Fail in the differential backup

    Luke has the likely suggestion here. Check the SQL Server to see if there is a backup job or maintenance plan set up that might be breaking the backup chain.

  • RE: Image is Everything

    jpowers (1/9/2009)

    Anyone who thinks writing in assembler is essentially more difficult than writing in any other language is not a very experienced application developer.

    Not sure I agree with that. Assembler...

  • RE: Image is Everything

    Lynn Pettis (1/9/2009)

    What I am saying, is I won't ignore the solid technical advice of an individual based on his appearance, where as you basically have said that you would....

  • RE: SQL Server 2005 Performance Dashboard

    That's a great question, but I don't think many of them can be reset. They all come from counters stored in virtual tables in SQL Server and most of those...

  • RE: System Databases

    you are welcome and glad you learned a few things. I know I did.

Viewing 15 posts - 25,651 through 25,665 (of 39,921 total)