Viewing 15 posts - 25,561 through 25,575 (of 39,921 total)
Not worth it to me, I'd rather stay home. Plus I find I work a lot, rarely am in the room other than sleep, so I don't care much for...
January 16, 2009 at 10:42 am
Measurement would matter. Opening things up would also cause people to rethink why and what they're paying for.
January 16, 2009 at 9:48 am
Suite? Who gets a suite?
Room, bed, shower, that's about it.
January 16, 2009 at 9:46 am
Interesting perspectives. I've heard a lot of people say it's their business and to some extent they're right. Perhaps salary ranges are enough, but stop and think for a minute...
January 16, 2009 at 9:22 am
AndyD (1/16/2009)
HR Departments are certainly able to make these decisions.... they just judge you on the clothes you are wearing 😛
:D, LOL, maybe that's why I keep looking for...
January 16, 2009 at 7:25 am
clustering is not multiple instances on one server. Clustering is sharing an instance across multiple nodes or servers. Actually the instance is on one server, but if something happens, it...
January 16, 2009 at 7:22 am
The name doesn't matter. It's up to you and there to make it easier for you to understand what is in the backup.
Just as an aside, the restore sequence is...
January 15, 2009 at 4:39 pm
You should be able to go through the default trace:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQL+Server+2005/64547/
January 15, 2009 at 4:38 pm
Keep in mind the service names can be different depending on the instance name.
What are you trying to accomplish? A generic to check? The services manage themselves and you...
January 15, 2009 at 4:34 pm
wait, I thought pork chops were heads on pikes? Are you throwing heads of former developers? Or creating new ones? :hehe:
January 15, 2009 at 4:28 pm
By the way I have seen very controlled environments, like banks or financial firms, take two weeks to set up a new box, but that's usually approvals and someone going...
January 15, 2009 at 3:55 pm
I haven't done this with VMWare in awhile, but it should take minutes to set up a new "box" from the VM Ware standpoint. That's new, from scratch. After that,...
January 15, 2009 at 3:54 pm
With the editor living in Denver and being a Broncos fan, that's a good way to get yourself banned!!;)
Glad to see the Patriots out of contention this year.
January 15, 2009 at 3:48 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 25,561 through 25,575 (of 39,921 total)