Viewing 15 posts - 25,291 through 25,305 (of 39,921 total)
You cannot limit by CALs. CALs are an administrative thing only; there's no setting in SQL to track this. Many applications might open more than one connection (like SSMS), so...
February 12, 2009 at 1:24 pm
The results aren't showing. Perhaps you could summarize what the throughput was?
February 12, 2009 at 1:23 pm
So the SQL Agent service and the SQL Server database service are running under "LocalSystem" or a local account? If the passwords are the same, it's possible that there is...
February 12, 2009 at 1:21 pm
Both of the suggestions above are what I'd recommend, but I'd also have "obfuscation scripts" ready and running when you need to update test or dev from production as well.
February 12, 2009 at 1:13 pm
I wouldn't necessarily move to maintenance plans. That's up to you, and they work fine, but there are limitations and great scripts here on the site that can help you...
February 12, 2009 at 1:12 pm
you can profile this and see the command being run, along with the dates passed in for removing files.
Often someone expects 2 days to mean 2 backups and they might...
February 12, 2009 at 1:09 pm
As mentioned, the Agent account, and the SQL service accounts, are used to often run things from the server. when you submit something from SSMS, it's running under the service...
February 12, 2009 at 1:08 pm
What do you mean "real tables"
Are these created with a VFP application?
February 12, 2009 at 12:55 pm
skjoldtc (2/12/2009)
No. you can never reconcile your concern for the environment for your "need" to drive a Porsche. Me, I don't give a hoot about the environment so my...
February 12, 2009 at 10:28 am
Andy Lennon (2/12/2009)
currently, an astonishing 100% of Porsche owners living in Colorado and named Steve Jones are happy with...
February 12, 2009 at 9:46 am
Ferks (2/12/2009)
Steve, are you going to keep your...
February 12, 2009 at 9:45 am
I get a Porsche magazine and I read about the RUF last month, and then another editorial this month that complained about it.
I wouldn't mind electric, I just want my...
February 12, 2009 at 9:20 am
Wow, once again things have gone sideways on my quite a bit.
The global warming debate inspired this, precisely because there is a debate. It got me thinking that we perhaps...
February 12, 2009 at 9:07 am
I thought when I talked with someone on the SQLCAT team last year they mentioned they'd worked with someone that had 120TB or 150TB in a warehouse. lost of challenges...
February 11, 2009 at 9:40 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 25,291 through 25,305 (of 39,921 total)