Viewing 15 posts - 25,306 through 25,320 (of 39,921 total)
They're for some developers. I know plenty of developers that have done well sharing space with 1, 2, or more others in an open environment. I've had developers that wanted...
February 11, 2009 at 9:32 pm
I hadn't looked at it that much, but one index per table. Makes you think CE is more of a small local data store for lookups than a real database.
Pick...
February 11, 2009 at 9:22 pm
So you see what you expect in Profiler, but no changes in SQL? Open transaction? Explicit transactions set?
February 11, 2009 at 9:20 pm
That is great. I'll see if I can figure out who did make the case for this one.
February 11, 2009 at 11:57 am
If there's not SQL, I hint ("think union" or "try MAX()") and then ask them to show work. I love helping, but I hate being an unknowing contractor for someone.
February 11, 2009 at 11:55 am
I agree. We standardized a lot of stuff at JD Edwards, but when Oracle came in, they let things go wilder, almost chaotic, but it did result in interesting security...
February 11, 2009 at 9:39 am
I didn't show it, but there are over a dozen conference rooms, ranging from small (10x10 or similar size) to larger, 50-80 person rooms. You could schedule time in there...
February 11, 2009 at 9:37 am
max length of openquery strings is 8k
February 11, 2009 at 9:29 am
you can switch compatibility mode back and forth. It doesn't change the structures or data, it just changes how things are interpreted.
February 11, 2009 at 9:28 am
On an import, I'm not sure. You'd have to know the sheet, or write ActiveX to connect to the Excel and read the list of tables. You might check here:...
February 11, 2009 at 8:55 am
I'll try to remember to post an announcement the week after.
February 11, 2009 at 8:53 am
Wow, I go to bed and the thread goes wild 🙂
SSIS is used to move data from many servers, fairly often, in the new Data collector in 2008, so it...
February 11, 2009 at 8:46 am
I don't think the furniture arrangement offers up a lot, but it does add something.
There was a lot of thought given to making things look good, more than a few...
February 11, 2009 at 7:20 am
Or SQL Server Steve?
Not sure either. Worse case I'll bug Lynn next week when I'm in the SPrings.
February 11, 2009 at 7:09 am
Viewing 15 posts - 25,306 through 25,320 (of 39,921 total)