Viewing 15 posts - 25,276 through 25,290 (of 39,921 total)
I have a BA with lots of BS on the side 😛
February 13, 2009 at 12:27 pm
On one hand I know there are lots of people that work hard and haven't made bad decisions or been the reason that the banks are in trouble. Do they...
February 13, 2009 at 11:17 am
I'd agree. Go for 431, make sure you have used SSMS since it asks you to actually click on things and get them done.
February 13, 2009 at 11:00 am
Any company can have conservative or risky leadership, it's just in how it's applied. I think lots of investment banks have been very risky with derivatives. Hospitals can choose to...
February 13, 2009 at 7:43 am
You can insert..exec into a table.
insert MyTable exec xp_cmdshell ''
but you need to match up the result set with the schema correctly
February 12, 2009 at 5:20 pm
Actually if you use mirroring, it can automatically flip over if your clients have the SNAC clients.
clustering will flip things over inside a minute, slower than mirroring.
corruption can get moved...
February 12, 2009 at 5:20 pm
ultimately you have to work together. Departments will go outside the scope of what they should do and when they do, you have to negotiate what happens. IT really ends...
February 12, 2009 at 5:13 pm
I'd recommend Bruce's approach, though keep in mind that you have a limit of 8kb to send through stuff in the batch.
February 12, 2009 at 5:12 pm
Definitely specifically limit memory for each instance. The resource issues are your biggest ones. We did this here at SSC and it worked fine.
Also be aware that one of these...
February 12, 2009 at 5:11 pm
If you explain what you want to do, we might have other ideas as well.
February 12, 2009 at 5:10 pm
I'm sure he will. They don't call Grant "The Scary DBA" for nothing!
February 12, 2009 at 5:07 pm
Clustering is expensive and it will handle the automatic failover, though it can be 10-60 seconds to move.
Mirroring is the best solution, but you have to be using the SNAC...
February 12, 2009 at 4:33 pm
Is this W2K3?
I heard from a friend that the machines will connect across as doman/computername$ and this should work. Seems wrong to me, but perhaps it's behavior by design. Bad...
February 12, 2009 at 3:25 pm
Would you cosider trading for 99 Boxster?
Sorry, I'm an air cooled guy. I'd replace it with another 87-90 911, though I'd try for black this year.
February 12, 2009 at 1:27 pm
February 12, 2009 at 1:25 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 25,276 through 25,290 (of 39,921 total)