Viewing 15 posts - 25,126 through 25,140 (of 39,920 total)
I think Best Practices need to follow the 80/80/20/20 rule. What makes sense 80% of the time for 80% of the people is what we should recommend.
Or as Andy Warren...
February 25, 2009 at 9:03 am
Job - granularity is only every minute, so be aware there.
SSSB is probably the best choice, and it's not that hard. Not sure how you'd get the results back to...
February 25, 2009 at 8:54 am
Roy, I can send you one, and while I do like to give stuff away, I don't want this to be a grab for everyone to beg for a shirt.
Send...
February 25, 2009 at 8:53 am
Sorry no update. We'll have to look into this and see who was a member first, then change names.
It's not straightforward here.
February 25, 2009 at 8:48 am
There have been lots of poorly designed chargeback schemes in the past. There have been lots of abuses by departments as well.
However moving forward, I think there's value at...
February 25, 2009 at 8:41 am
Somehow I get the feeling I don't want to encourage that level.:P
February 24, 2009 at 9:58 pm
Late to the party, but I've used a @debug variable in code that we turn on when there are issues. Typically we've had it available as a switch that the...
February 24, 2009 at 9:56 pm
You restore all user db backups every day? Automated to a remote server?
How much data is there?
February 24, 2009 at 9:50 pm
It looks to me that you restored the db under a new name and used NoRecovery (or selected the option in SSMS.
How did you do the restore?
February 24, 2009 at 12:22 pm
Is this an MS Press book? I'm always concerned because they write early, often before RTM and then rush them out.
check the errata from the publisher, if it's not there,...
February 24, 2009 at 11:30 am
Users come and go so often, and this is a disconnected system, we don't necessarily want to push the online element. Also, we're trying to reduce the page byte count...
February 24, 2009 at 10:09 am
February 24, 2009 at 8:54 am
I just answer "do what Jeff said" and go on my way :hehe:
February 24, 2009 at 8:42 am
Moved to the Access forum.
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34132
February 24, 2009 at 8:40 am
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190615.aspx
don't see the size given, but each one is the same in the db, just a different value in the rows of system views.
February 24, 2009 at 8:37 am
Viewing 15 posts - 25,126 through 25,140 (of 39,920 total)