Viewing 15 posts - 25,141 through 25,155 (of 39,920 total)
anyone test how much of a performance impact this is? I think Jack is right, but it would be interesting.
Article, anyone.....?
February 24, 2009 at 8:34 am
I know it's not mathematically correct, but it was creatively amusing. George wins!
February 24, 2009 at 8:33 am
George, send me a PM with your address and size, and I'll shoot you a shirt. Didn't think about the 1024, and I updated the nl!
February 24, 2009 at 7:46 am
My connection seems to flake as well. I know there's a router that's flapping to new IPs at times because my IM will disconnect and reconnect as a new location....
February 24, 2009 at 7:39 am
Be happy to help, but we don't like to do homework or answer interview questions for you. We want to see you make an attempt at this.
You want to join...
February 24, 2009 at 7:37 am
SQL Server Fisher Price Edition - Big, Colorful buttons for one click access to safe functions like "Backup", "Restore", "New User". It does most of the work for you and...
February 24, 2009 at 7:35 am
It was a good question. Took my awhile to verify as well since I wasn't sure when I saw it.
February 24, 2009 at 7:29 am
What's the business reason? Applying SP3 is a patch. If you don't have a reason to upgrade, I'm not sure I would. If it's just to be current, SP3 is...
February 24, 2009 at 7:28 am
Hey, I didn't delete anything. Heck, I miss half the posts and don't understand the other half. I figure I'll just drop random comments in here and there.
February 24, 2009 at 7:26 am
I agree, not sure people get hooked on Express and grow. They use Express in places where it fits.
Produce new SKUs? Why not "unlock" features? You have the technology in...
February 23, 2009 at 10:17 pm
The Kindle is great. I've been blogging quite a bit on them here: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/steve_jones/archive/tags/Kindle/default.aspx, more coming all the time.
Brian Kelley is getting one soon(http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/brian_kelley/archive/2009/02/21/looking-forward-to-getting-my-kindle-2.aspx), and I'm anxious to see what...
February 23, 2009 at 1:48 pm
February 23, 2009 at 1:44 pm
As mentioned, SQL Server doesn't support single object restore. There are some third party products that do handle this, like SQLBackup (Red Gate), SQLCompare, Lightspeed (Quest)
February 23, 2009 at 1:02 pm
I loved the Elric series from Moorcock, but it's hard to find them anymore. Wanted to get some for my son a couple years ago. and they're not on the...
February 23, 2009 at 1:01 pm
I would almost consider this a waste of time. The restore will restore what's in the backup. If you are worried about your backup not containing the right objects, that...
February 23, 2009 at 12:58 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 25,141 through 25,155 (of 39,920 total)