Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 25,006 through 25,020 (of 39,920 total)

  • RE: Restore data from several .BAK files

    you could automate this. I'd create a new table to store the data you need (or tables) and include a datetime field in this table as well. Do this in...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Jeff handled that well and got a nice reason.

  • RE: Canceling a Backup

    No issues. These get cancelled. You could even restart the server and you'd be OK as if you never ran it.

  • RE: SCOPE_IDENTITY

    Adi is correct, it's valid in 2000. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa259185(SQL.80).aspx

    Can you post the code you're using?

    Also, double check the instance you are on is SQL 2000. Select @@version. And look at the...

  • RE: Adoption

    No, the release on 2010 is slated for 2010 1H, or first half (Q1 or Q2).

    2011 is the guess for SQL 11 (SQL server 2008 is SQL v10)

  • RE: Union Benefits

    Good list of new benefits.

    I worry about profit sharing since how much contribution does each person make, and how many others have on that idea. That can fragment a team...

  • RE: code sample

    This will insert based on the result set, which will start from 1.

    Also, please note your name and the poster's name are in the same position relative to the post....

  • RE: Trading in xp_cmdshell for SQLCLR (Part 2) - Export Data to Flat Files

    For those of you that have asked questions of Jonathan (the author), be aware that he went to Marine Corps Boot Camp last week as part of his Reserve commitments...

  • RE: Lets help the experts help themselves

    I'll answer for myself, but interesting comments above.

    I started in this business by reading a lot and asking questions on the MS public Usenet back in the mid 90s. I...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Jonathan's at boot camp, be back in a couple weeks, so we'll see if he gets this.

    I definitely felt the "ego" in that thread, someone that wanted to drive the...

  • RE: Adoption

    2010 is supposed to be first half (1H) of 2010 and it's a Data Warehouse, point release. Not a full upgrade, at least not now.

    The first PASS Summit in 1999...

  • RE: Union Benefits

    I thought this might go sideways. 😉

    I'm torn on the union issue. They've been done poorly, but they have brought about changes and benefits that we wouldn't have. Don't forget,...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    jcrawf02 (3/6/2009)


    well, not me, that shrively guy in a bathrobe.

    I think I'm about to spew coffee on the desk. C'mon, Friday morning, really did we need that image :hehe:

  • RE: Union Benefits

    Grant Fritchey (3/6/2009)


    It's the dumbest thing in the world that I'm expected to bring my happy shining face into the office so that I can spend the entire day with...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    continue, we must.

    write, we continue.

    Sorry, had Yoda in my head this morning.

    Nice catch on the plagiarism, though there is an acknowledgement in there for another post.

Viewing 15 posts - 25,006 through 25,020 (of 39,920 total)