Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 24,991 through 25,005 (of 39,920 total)

  • RE: Blocking Users by IP

    Excellent job, Brian, and a great solution. Wish we had a good one for 2000, but having this handy would be nice for blocking people making attempts to crack security...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Ninja's_RGR'us (3/8/2009)


    LOL, ROTF.

    Et tu, Ninja, ROFL 🙂

  • RE: Lets help the experts help themselves

    Take it to PASS and it would be great for them to review stuff that is published elsewhere.

    I don't want to get too much editorial stuff here. We like the...

  • RE: "Answered" Posts

    We've talked about doing something with the briefcase, more like a "clipboard" of stuff, but making it public might help.

    We have 4 or 5 articles on T-logs, but I...

  • RE: First SQL Database

    Kerry,

    A couple things. First I edited the subject so as not to disclose your email. I'd be wary of that.

    Second, I'd create a role. Right click Roles, new role, and...

  • RE: Poll on backup validation

    The link is broken, but I've contacted Paul.

  • RE: Union Benefits

    Paul,

    I think you're in a good situation, and I've had a few of those, but there are many in upper management that don't see things the same. If you'd like...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    song lines now? Flash Gordon?

    I rented that for my kids last year. They loved it.

  • RE: Lets help the experts help themselves

    Surprisingly there isn't a lot of poking fun in the MVP forums, except at each other.

    I'm not sure how I'd choose people to get in. Likely based on past actions...

  • RE: How generate Dates on the fly

    Closing thread.

    NY153, apologies.

  • RE: Lets help the experts help themselves

    Hey, we posted the same time. Thanks for the great complement. I appreciate that.

    On the experts exchange, I've resisted that, but I think there might be some value there. I...

  • RE: Lets help the experts help themselves

    Tim,

    I think you did a good job creating this thread, and it's good to stop and think periodically about why I do this, and do I still like it. Thanks...

  • RE: "Answered" Posts

    I don't see how comments are rated in the New Scientist thing. I missing something?

    I'm not sure of the benefit to users of ranking things. I guess they could find...

  • RE: Union Benefits

    I ask David about the bike regularly, and I'm always amazed he's riding in the rain. I think riding every day is a personal choice in that weather. I think...

  • RE: Backup to straight tape in SQL 2000

    I don't think you can move the file from the tape to disk. I could be wrong here.

    The RESTORE WITH HEADERONLY should return results, no overwriting things.

    Honestly, a USB drive...

Viewing 15 posts - 24,991 through 25,005 (of 39,920 total)