Viewing 15 posts - 25,021 through 25,035 (of 39,920 total)
Gail,
I'll check them out, but they appear to be down now. Or down from the Denver area.
The only hesitation I have with changing color or marking something as an answer...
March 6, 2009 at 8:16 am
Leslie,
The History Cleanup task should get those .txt files. The Maintenance cleanup task only works with backups. I prefer doing things like Mike is with a script since it gives...
March 6, 2009 at 7:48 am
Fingers crossed. Good luck! Make notes, let us know how it goes. It will be good blog fodder 😉
March 5, 2009 at 5:16 pm
We've done some before, seems like it's hard to just get the answer in a question. 100% of people might use 2005, but only in some instances. If you think...
March 5, 2009 at 4:58 pm
And I'm beginning to think this thread will never end.
March 5, 2009 at 4:31 pm
We are working on some JS and server side formatting for both SQL and XML code to make it work better.
March 5, 2009 at 4:30 pm
A lot of what Gus has listed are reasons I'm concerned about this.
I think things work well as is. Relatively few people would likely use any "improvements"
March 5, 2009 at 3:40 pm
glad I could help. I need to get a better article written on this as I know it's an annoying thing to figure out.
March 5, 2009 at 12:17 pm
DTS has a runtime. It should work and there's still a compatibility mode. If it works on 2005, should still work on 2008.
As far as rewriting DTS packages. If you...
March 5, 2009 at 11:41 am
Thanks for the update and solution. That shouldn't happen often, but it's good to consider removing and recreating the job.
March 5, 2009 at 11:39 am
No, shrink should be rarely run. Only when something happens you didn't expect.
March 5, 2009 at 11:38 am
select * from sys.database_files
in master should help.
You can go to sysinternals as well and get the filetracker and see if the file is being held open by the SQL process.
March 5, 2009 at 11:36 am
I'm not sure you get a lot from 2 partitions. I suppose one could become corrupt and not the other, which would be nice to have data on one, logs/backups...
March 5, 2009 at 11:04 am
does is change on stop/restart of SQL?
strange, I'd be concerned that you are using the wrong files. Have you tried to rename a file? See if SQL is using it?
March 5, 2009 at 11:02 am
Viewing 15 posts - 25,021 through 25,035 (of 39,920 total)