Viewing 15 posts - 24,976 through 24,990 (of 39,920 total)
I suspect an issue with an index. Are you running CHECKDB on here?
you definitely need logging for all packages as mentioned above. Job history doesn't give much info.
March 10, 2009 at 8:20 am
It's hard to lightly edit and help someone. It takes a lot of work. Most editors get fiarly heavy handed, pushing the work to be more standard and taking the...
March 9, 2009 at 10:03 pm
Leave it to Jeff to come up with a solution. It's a good one as well.
You want to think pattern, working all rows at once from the pattern perspective, as...
March 9, 2009 at 9:59 pm
I'll see if I can get #s 1-4 up there.
sorry for the delay.
March 9, 2009 at 9:10 pm
Absolutely, time for lunch. Right after I put my daughter to bed.
March 9, 2009 at 9:09 pm
There's still some v65 and v7 servers out there running fine.
March 9, 2009 at 9:06 pm
Gus,
Don't forget plenty of third party products, like SQL Backup, can give you compression, at a substantial savings over upgrading.
March 9, 2009 at 4:28 pm
Good points on the tail wagging the dog, and I'd forgotten service packs can extend out support. I'm not sure you'll get a GDR for your SQL Server 2000 SP4...
March 9, 2009 at 4:22 pm
I'd call MS support. Not sure anyone else can help you here.
Moved to SQL 2000.
March 9, 2009 at 2:32 pm
It builds a package in Integration Services. You can save it and then open it up in BIDS.
March 9, 2009 at 2:31 pm
What do you mean by getting killed?
Have you benchmarked? Any counters changed? Possible workload changes?
21GB might take some time to run up to 44GB. Can you run some larger queries...
March 9, 2009 at 2:30 pm
datecreated on installation folder? (/binn)
March 9, 2009 at 2:21 pm
I might also be sure that the spacing is there. If you might have more than one space, I'd consider using charindex/patindex to find the parens and go from there.
March 9, 2009 at 9:16 am
I'll add my reasons in here why I approved this question. I think it's good, and I see the arguments why log shipping might be seen a easy.
However, getting rights...
March 9, 2009 at 9:14 am
Viewing 15 posts - 24,976 through 24,990 (of 39,920 total)