Viewing 15 posts - 24,841 through 24,855 (of 39,919 total)
Steve Dassin,
I haven't complained about the advertising of your product because it's free, and because you've only mentioned it in places where you appear to believe it fits the conversation....
March 17, 2009 at 9:13 am
My brother-in-law got out of IT back in 2000 or 2001. He was sure that sysadmins would be eliminated by automation in the next 5-10 years.
We're not even close to...
March 17, 2009 at 9:10 am
darryl.hasieber (3/17/2009)
March 17, 2009 at 9:01 am
I'd go with GSquared's advice. Use a good naming convention to order things together.
There's no good way to "hide" jobs from users.
March 17, 2009 at 8:55 am
GSquared (3/17/2009)
Nah. They're just placebos. You're probably just weirder than you want to admit. 🙂
And here I thought they were just being slipped into his food without him...
March 17, 2009 at 8:46 am
I have edited the question to show that this is a bad idea and include a warning to newbies.
I think it's worth pointing this out, not so someone will go...
March 17, 2009 at 8:43 am
I changed the wrong answer to "S". Didn't notice that one before 🙂
March 17, 2009 at 8:35 am
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQL+Server+2008/63491/
Sorry, need to add SP1.
March 16, 2009 at 11:03 pm
Amusement parks?
THE THREAD goes on and on. And once again, a day off, and I'm lost.
March 16, 2009 at 3:48 pm
I'm a little torn on some of this stuff. Employers over the last two decades have not respected personal time from me in most cases. They have a definition of...
March 16, 2009 at 3:47 pm
This isn't a database level issue, it's a server permissions issue to create a db. The context doesn't, AFAIK, need to be master. I suppose you could restore these from...
March 16, 2009 at 11:35 am
wow, I've never expected a vacation for turning in notice. I'm surprised that valued employees would feel that way. Changes my definition of "valued"
March 16, 2009 at 11:32 am
This sounds like something that would be fun, reduce work load, reduce phone calls. Wouldn't you want to enjoy this and delete them one by one :D:w00t:
March 16, 2009 at 11:30 am
I might suspect that the services are not started then. You want to use SQL tools, not the Windows ones to work with SQL Server.
Moving to SQL 2005 Admin
March 16, 2009 at 11:30 am
Viewing 15 posts - 24,841 through 24,855 (of 39,919 total)