Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 24,826 through 24,840 (of 39,919 total)

  • RE: T-Sql rant

    foxjazz,

    I think you probably know a lot in your area. Likely run circles around me in C#. In SQL, however, you seem ignorant. That's not a bad thing, it's...

  • RE: Index not rebuilding

    You should create clustered indexes on all your tables. SQL Server is written to somewhat expect these. If it's a small table, pick a PK field. If it's larger, think...

  • RE: Code Formatting

    Lowell, good point. We should probably limit areas to 40-50 lines tops.

  • RE: SQL server 2008 Build List

    Apologis, XLS updated.

  • RE: Guest Editorial: Short Transactions

    I'm not as familiar with Oracle, but I do worry about having too much stuff dropped into tempdb. I'd rather have some sort of redo area per database to handle...

  • RE: SQL server 2008 Build List

    Brandon ,

    thanks, and can you add this to the Scripts section as well? That way you can post a link and update that as we add items (or if I...

  • RE: Guest Editorial: Short Transactions

    tempdb is something they'd considering (multiples per instance). For 90+% of instances it doesn't matter, but it definitely holds back scaling. Reporting Services does this and MS recognizes this is...

  • RE: Turning off plus/minus regions

    create regions or use auto generated ones for blocks like begin/end, batches, etc.

  • RE: Everyone Wants to Win (Raw Materials Comic Strip)

    You've had that one, have you?

  • RE: Best Bet for Backups

    Are your partitions in separate filegroups so you can do filegroup backups?

    I think if you have a scheme that allows you to recover, and you are confident in it, I'd...

  • RE: Code Formatting

    Thanks for the notes. I'm logging some bugs.

    - The ADDADD thing, we had that with some other keywords and cleaned them up. We missed this one.

    - Blank lines, noted

    -...

  • RE: SQL Server Knockoffs?

    niall,

    good point, and I can only go on my experience. I've had lots of servers that all used roughly the same 20-30% of the product. The core engine, basic T-SQL,...

  • RE: Backup to SQL Server NULL device

    There's no point in sending a backup to NULL. It doesn't clear the log, doesn't help space or anything else.

  • RE: Rename Instance

    Roust_m is correct. Named instances cannot be renamed.

    detach dbs, uninstall, reinstall, attach dbs.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Green Beer!!

    are we free associating now?

Viewing 15 posts - 24,826 through 24,840 (of 39,919 total)