Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 24,706 through 24,720 (of 39,919 total)

  • RE: Accidental DBAs

    Sorry, these aren't published yet. I don't have a good way to get the poll set prior to publishing other than put it out there.

    Patience.

  • RE: The Need for Tape

    I still think tape is cheaper for any type of off-site, archival mechanism. Perhaps HDDs can fit, but most places I know can't get all their backups off to disk,...

  • RE: New Monthly Contest Back!

    Nope, no more contests. They're a pain, and honestly we found a few people are excited and work hard to win, so the same people show up over and...

  • RE: TSQL

    I've tested this in build 9.00.3077. That's my test instance.

    I return an error in SSWK5, AdventureWorks, compat mode 90. No rows inserted.

    I can't necessarily verify on every version. If you...

  • RE: The Need for Tape

    Tape allows for a disconnected medium that isn't active. Moving to disk, often means that you have a process there. you could make this offsite, and offline, but then you...

  • RE: The Need for Tape

    blandry (3/26/2009)


    What we need are much more stringent legal avenues to meet this problem. This is just the sad reality of it.

    Here, here. Let some of these...

  • RE: Recover SQL 2005 (Comp. lvl 80) DB on SQL 2000

    You'd think there was a way, but there isn't. Gail's suggestion of SSIS is the best way to move to a lower version.

  • RE: ssis transfer login task on a mirrored database

    Logins do not transfer to a user database. They exist only in master. The task will work to the mirror server as the logins move to the master database.

    Users are...

  • RE: setup up an ODBC connection for mirroring with SQL Server Driver

    I'm confused.

    If you set up connections to SQL from a client with ODBC, you don't have failover. You need SNAC (native client).

    From the server, for mirroring, the failover depends on...

  • RE: Using SAN replication for DR on a SQL server

    George,

    I think most people handle it like other DR stuff. They reinstall SQL (have to know the version + SP + hotfix) on the new server and then point things...

  • RE: Restore is taking 400% disk space

    You should read about how logs work in SQL Server so that you understand what is wrong.

    A full or diff backup does not clear space from the log. Only a...

  • RE: TSQL

    I have edited the question to say SQL 2005. We don't necessarily have time to test and go through all questions on all platforms, and I should have noted I...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Congrats, Roy.

    I'll raise a Tequila for you.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I'm looking to set up a group for some people to delete their posts. Likely a few people that I trust to judiciously use this.

    I may let them move posts...

  • RE: Using SAN replication for DR on a SQL server

    We've had plenty of servers booting off SANs since 2001 with no issues. It gets a little harder to configure for some hardware to get the boot, but it should...

Viewing 15 posts - 24,706 through 24,720 (of 39,919 total)