Viewing 15 posts - 24,691 through 24,705 (of 39,919 total)
Doc (3/27/2009)
Here is a good question: How do you stop someone to Outsource?Just read this article on CNN http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/03/26/ibm.outsourcing/index.html
I think you complain about this. There shouldn't be support for this...
March 27, 2009 at 8:39 am
There is some outsourcing in the US to those areas. Microsoft, Google, some other large companies have contracted for services in some rural areas. I'd like to see more.
March 27, 2009 at 8:38 am
Funny Friday for The Thread!!
Smile everyone
March 27, 2009 at 8:36 am
Ronn Hudzick (3/27/2009)
March 27, 2009 at 8:32 am
bob.willsie (3/27/2009)
Because of that experience I actually developed several interview questions to make sure I weed these type of people out early in the process.
That's a great idea. Glad you...
March 27, 2009 at 8:26 am
Paul (3/27/2009)
My biggest annoyance is people talking to themselves. Either out loud or whispering, it doesn't matter, it's just too distracting because you think they could be talking to you.
My...
March 27, 2009 at 8:24 am
Maybe we need a poll to push Jeff along 😉
March 27, 2009 at 8:21 am
Ed Salva (3/27/2009)
Anybody know where I can get a cone of silence? :w00t:
Just be sure you press the button all the way 😉
March 27, 2009 at 8:20 am
No, the log provides integrity for transactions. You must have one.
If it's filling, it's not large enough or you have a transaction issue in your code.
March 27, 2009 at 6:23 am
Jeff Moden (3/26/2009)
BWAA-HAAA!!! ... who the hell made THAT rule? This IS the thread. 😉
Umm, hmmm (throat clearing)
March 26, 2009 at 9:12 pm
The DDL trigger is on the instance, not the database. Won't touch the ERP db.
If you don't want to do this, I'd recommend not using SSMS to remove logins....
March 26, 2009 at 3:07 pm
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/Miscellaneous/30931/
Read in here about cross tabs.
You do need a crosstab, though if there are potentially lots of entries you are going to have an ugly query and potentially a report...
March 26, 2009 at 2:41 pm
We can't really teach you enough for an interview, nor are we interested in having you try to show more knowledge than you have.
Be honest that you don't know answers....
March 26, 2009 at 2:40 pm
I'd use a DDL trigger, capture the drop user from production and build a script to run on the warm server.
March 26, 2009 at 2:39 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 24,691 through 24,705 (of 39,919 total)