Viewing 15 posts - 19,606 through 19,620 (of 39,936 total)
Yep.
SELECT cntr_value, *
FROM sys.dm_os_performance_counters
WHERE counter_name = 'transactions/sec'
AND OBJECT_NAME = 'SQLServer:Databases'
AND instance_name = 'AdventureWorks'
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187743%28v=SQL.100%29.aspx
June 10, 2010 at 10:46 am
I've done it, and I learned by digging in years ago into ASP and ASP.NET. Just getting a project going, and slowly learning how one thing learned, how it fit,...
June 10, 2010 at 10:43 am
New levels here: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Forum83-1.aspx
Feel free to add comments, or make suggestions here.
June 10, 2010 at 10:36 am
Counters can get slightly screwy in VMs if the environment, or host, is busy. I have tended to look at a few types of counters for baselining. Batches/sec, CPU%, disk...
June 10, 2010 at 10:28 am
Because I made these during baseball season.
Hmmm, would you get a new level at 1433? Or before it? Do I change on 1434 or 1435 to something else?
June 10, 2010 at 10:26 am
I liked the Cowboy's idea of a separate database. I wouldn't use a trigger, since you could hang up a transaction, but I'd either use a Service Broker Q, which...
June 10, 2010 at 10:25 am
The log might not shrink, depending on where the active portion is. You can use this to help: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/30026/
I know you mentioned a space issue, but unless your files are...
June 10, 2010 at 9:59 am
Litespeed is not built into SQL Server.
Microsoft added backup compression to SQL Server 2008, but this is not Litespeed, SQL Backup, or some other tool. It's a simple set of...
June 10, 2010 at 9:53 am
What was funny is that my son pointed out that most football games are really 2-1 (10-7) or 4-2 (21-14). Not a ton of scoring, but the values just make...
June 10, 2010 at 9:46 am
Richard Gardner-291039 (6/10/2010)
June 10, 2010 at 9:38 am
SQL Server can't work with files directly. How is the stored procedure being called? Is there some reason you can't use SSIS and then call a job to run that...
June 10, 2010 at 9:36 am
Doesn't have to be sports. It could be some significant number from math, science, history, etc.
June 10, 2010 at 9:32 am
My ring looks surprisingly like one that came out of a cardboard box of sweet, corn based, treats :w00t:
Dan, I agree with you on one part. If you put in...
June 10, 2010 at 9:30 am
Good comments, and I completely understand if someone can't run, or volunteer. I have my reasons, similar to Grant's. However make sure they are really good reasons and that you...
June 10, 2010 at 9:25 am
The answer has been corrected to show the correct database name. Good catch, and you can submit changes to BOL through Connect.microsoft.com
June 10, 2010 at 9:17 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,606 through 19,620 (of 39,936 total)