Viewing 15 posts - 19,381 through 19,395 (of 39,936 total)
Slight correction. It goes out edited in the next day's newsletter if it's not already scheduled. Sometimes we are scheduled out 2-3 days in a row.
June 29, 2010 at 12:53 pm
Once it's edited on the site, it will go out as the corrected version.
June 29, 2010 at 12:51 pm
I think I agree with Paul. I'm not sure partitioning helps.
Partitioning helps with administration, and with archiving and adding data, but not with queries themselves. To get a big improvement,...
June 29, 2010 at 12:24 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (6/29/2010)
Steve Jones - Editor (6/29/2010)
Surprised.@BrentO going to SQLSkills.
Wow - tiz the season.
BrentO
SQLChicken
SQLRockstar
Kathi Kellenberger
and a few others all changing jobs.
Is @wayoutwest next?
No, I be going nowhere soon. I have...
June 29, 2010 at 11:59 am
I've had companies write this into an agreement for things like PASS for me. I think it's fair. If they are paying for you, they deserve some benefit.
I've had friends...
June 29, 2010 at 11:58 am
It seems you have a few issues.
First, I would definitely have some type of CustomerID, probably a separate table that has basic information about what a "customer" is and have...
June 29, 2010 at 11:51 am
You can, some people find it easier to backup/restore. I don't think it much matters. Was just giving another option.
June 29, 2010 at 11:47 am
You can also detach the dbs, and then restore a backup using the WITH MOVE option.
June 29, 2010 at 11:23 am
I can't think of there being a better way than a VPN tunnel. Anything else would likely be just as much a hassle. Third party products would be a variation...
June 29, 2010 at 11:21 am
It looks like you are missing a bracket here. If you are posting stuff, be sure that you cut/paste, not type so that we can get an idea.
SQL Agent will...
June 29, 2010 at 10:13 am
I'm not sure where you are getting db_id? Is it the code above there? SQL doesn't map things. That column would have to be returned by a query.
As I mentioned,...
June 29, 2010 at 9:46 am
The command and the query you show are two different databases.
Are you running this from a command line or SSMS? A job?
Is this a linked server?
I'm trying to understand...
June 29, 2010 at 9:44 am
Definitely want to make rewards more random, and given from mgmt, not expected as part of the job.
An interesting link from TED on motivation: http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_pink_on_motivation.html
June 29, 2010 at 9:16 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,381 through 19,395 (of 39,936 total)