Viewing 15 posts - 19,366 through 19,380 (of 39,936 total)
You are correct. The question was edited on the website to be (-1,-1). When you click through from the newsletter, that is what is shown.
June 30, 2010 at 8:33 am
I hope we don't have too much nastiness here. I try to keep an eye on it and remove/edit things that are offensive. I think we have built a better...
June 30, 2010 at 8:31 am
Gianluca Sartori (6/30/2010)
I initially posted a cross-post warning on both threads and I realized they were not the same problem and different OPs...
Removed your "removed" posts.
June 30, 2010 at 8:29 am
Not copy database, copy table.
In 2005 I think under SSMS, right click a database, say Export or Import data. I don't have a 2005 instance handy, but check for a...
June 29, 2010 at 5:28 pm
I think it exists in more and more places all the time. Companies like 37 Signals, smaller companies that want it to be more than a job are growing. I've...
June 29, 2010 at 5:22 pm
The copy wizard is a good choice. If this might grow, snapshot replication will work as well.
June 29, 2010 at 4:58 pm
This might help: http://www.sqldts.com/218.aspx
Multiple execution paths shown, using scripting as suggested above.
June 29, 2010 at 4:13 pm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189572%28v=SQL.100%29.aspx
George is correct, users are disconnected from a STANDBY database when it is being restore. You can kill connections, or let them pile up until all users are gone and...
June 29, 2010 at 4:11 pm
I'm with Michael and George. USe backup/restore as a safety net, but I'd stop services and be sure the SNAP is consistent.
June 29, 2010 at 3:10 pm
Look at my example. You'd need to do this:
SELECT GLSummary.Org
, GLSummary.Period
, GLSummary.Account
, 0 'Budget Amount'
, GLSummary.Amount 'Actual Amount'
...
June 29, 2010 at 2:52 pm
I'm confused. The two queries are doing this. If you don't have matching lines, you can't combine things onto the same row.
If you have matching lines, they are combined.
June 29, 2010 at 2:30 pm
Is this Actuals? Or Budget?
SELECT IntGL.Org, IntGL.period, IntGL.account, GL.Amount, IntGL.budgetAmount
FROM SSI.dbo.IntGLBudgets IntGL
LEFT JOIN SSI.dbo.GLSummary GL
ON IntGL.Org = GL.Org
AND IntGL.period = GL.period
AND IntGL.account = GL.account
WHERE (IntGL.Org=@Org) AND (IntGL.period>=@Period)
I'm a little unclear...
June 29, 2010 at 2:20 pm
Congrats, and good luck going forward. Manage your expectations this year, and be prepared to leave if that's what you think is best for your career. Nothing wrong with outgrowing...
June 29, 2010 at 2:11 pm
UNION combines two queries. Need the same number of fields, but
-- query 1
select fielda, fieldB
from OneTable
UNION
-- query 2
Select FieldC, FieldD
from AnotherTable
June 29, 2010 at 2:05 pm
I'm confused, are you combining results from both tables or trying to join them together? There are two things here.
If I have two tables, A and B, as this
TableA
------
1
2
3
4
TableB
-------
1
A
B
C
And I...
June 29, 2010 at 1:00 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,366 through 19,380 (of 39,936 total)