Viewing 15 posts - 19,396 through 19,410 (of 39,936 total)
The noise from those things is annoying. I wish they'd block them from the broadcast. I watched a touch of US/Ghana and Eng/Ger and it was very, very annoying. I'd...
June 29, 2010 at 9:07 am
It happens in basketball as well. People flopping, which annoys me just as much. I like it when the referees let them play more, but what I don't like is...
June 29, 2010 at 9:02 am
And add a couple more referees to watch out for it. You'll never get away from it completely, someone will gamble they'll get a call. But if you have 3...
June 29, 2010 at 8:49 am
The question comes out in email, but we cannot edit that. If we find a typo, which fix it on the site, which contains the updated question and the answers....
June 29, 2010 at 8:47 am
Excellent! I'll see you there, ALZDBA!
June 29, 2010 at 8:45 am
I have removed "great" from the question as it does depend. There is some performance impact, but how much is debatable.
June 29, 2010 at 8:44 am
You can view the code in master and just copy it. It's a simple cursor.
I tend to use names in this case, avoiding specific system names.
June 28, 2010 at 5:13 pm
Me for sure. THe officials are just making mistakes.
June 28, 2010 at 4:18 pm
I agree that it's hard to charge for a DBA as a support person in many cases. There are companies that just don't want to pay for this from a...
June 28, 2010 at 3:47 pm
I was thinking
Server A - SQL 2000 (licensed)
Server B - SQL 2008 (unlicensed) - log ship secondary
Server C - SQL 2008 - new server for reporting
However, as George mentioned, the...
June 28, 2010 at 3:46 pm
My pleasure. It's a trick an admin showed me for scripting something from the command line. Add in a column for server and you have a great SQLCMD script generator.
June 28, 2010 at 3:38 pm
I think most of the general SQL books are about the same. I might start with one of those, then move on to specific areas you are working on.
Database Weekly...
June 28, 2010 at 3:31 pm
Here's how I did it with Excel. You could drop this code in a one cell, easily fill your db names in another, and create a quick script with
use dbname
go
create...
June 28, 2010 at 3:29 pm
June 28, 2010 at 3:27 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,396 through 19,410 (of 39,936 total)