Viewing 15 posts - 19,306 through 19,320 (of 39,936 total)
It's a hard problem. Master Data Services are supposed to solve a small part of this in 2008 R2, but really just for data.
For the tables, I can't think of...
July 2, 2010 at 1:55 pm
You can use sa to connect, or the DAC if it's enabled.
There's also this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd207004.aspx
July 2, 2010 at 11:11 am
The problem is how do they know what fields are out there? What if they need more fields? Do they need to add them to your master table first? Is...
July 2, 2010 at 11:08 am
The format is not published, you would not necessarily be able to get to all the data, so it's still a silly question. SQL Server is built to work with...
July 2, 2010 at 10:22 am
Thanks for the update.
Someone must have changed something for the service, or the AD accounts.
July 2, 2010 at 10:17 am
Set it to expire today, check tomorrow? Change the server date/time?
July 2, 2010 at 10:00 am
You can't get the data without a tool. Even if you stop the server, and open the data files with notepad, you're using a tool. It's a stupid question.
SQL Server...
July 2, 2010 at 9:56 am
Not sure I agree with that. If I spend 3 hours talking to the person to walk through solving issues, seeing how they think, give them a computer, etc., you'll...
July 2, 2010 at 9:37 am
That's what you're doing, just starting the format in a particular place.
Have you read this: http://sqlcat.com/whitepapers/archive/2009/05/11/disk-partition-alignment-best-practices-for-sql-server.aspx
July 2, 2010 at 8:47 am
A few of you have noted that an intelligent interview is needed. I think that is part of the problem. I used the word "test", but didn't mean a multiple...
July 2, 2010 at 8:45 am
James Stover (7/2/2010)
July 2, 2010 at 8:38 am
Part of a problem I see with the whole process is that there aren't good guidelines. No criteria that describe how we pick things.
We did get some "B-listers" in Denny...
July 2, 2010 at 8:34 am
I haven't done it, but I have a friend that shut down SQL, copied everything off, repartitioned the disks, copied back, restart SQL (or detach/attach the dbs)
July 1, 2010 at 4:03 pm
Why would you want to mask this in a backup file? What if you have a disaster? What if you need to restore? You need that data in a backup.
If...
July 1, 2010 at 3:26 pm
A few more links:
July 1, 2010 at 3:25 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,306 through 19,320 (of 39,936 total)