Viewing 15 posts - 19,321 through 19,335 (of 39,936 total)
What did I do?
I'm not renewed now. And perhaps I won't be if PASS gets to weigh in.
July 1, 2010 at 3:15 pm
You likely need to also add space. Shrinking is a temporary fix. As data grows, reindexes, etc., the files will grow again.
July 1, 2010 at 3:10 pm
I'm not sure it's stealing, but it is illegal. Right or wrong, there are license terms to use software. You should stick with them to avoid fines. And possibly the...
July 1, 2010 at 2:58 pm
Errands

This is how I roll: beautiful girl, beautiful ride.
July 1, 2010 at 2:41 pm
Congrats to Gail and the other MVPs awarded today.
July 1, 2010 at 1:21 pm
I like sturner's code. The one thing I might change is adding in a delay between loops, especially if this might take enough time to cross a log backup. Can...
July 1, 2010 at 12:14 pm
Added an order by to the question.
July 1, 2010 at 12:09 pm
Sorry to hear that, Kevin. Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully disaster doesn't strike.
July 1, 2010 at 11:53 am
Index order is driven by sargability. You wouldn't move a column up in an index because of the data type. You place them based on what is most likely to...
July 1, 2010 at 9:55 am
Sorry, yes, in developer as well. I was thinking about production level stuff. I think it ought to be in Standard, web, Express.
July 1, 2010 at 9:54 am
I'm with Grant. Lots of testing has shown that above 1MB files, the file system is much faster. It does complicated backup/restore/sync with the db, but you can write a...
July 1, 2010 at 9:35 am
Have you checked the System/Security logs for messages?
Agent typically won't start if the db engine doesn't, so worry about SQL Server relational engine.
July 1, 2010 at 9:33 am
As mentioned, not a lot of difference. I'd train on 2008 and most things will apply to 2005. Plus you'll learn what not to do, or change, in 2005 to...
July 1, 2010 at 9:32 am
Eugene's code should help you. You basically write a query that you want to insert (can be columns or scalars) and then add that to an insert clause.
July 1, 2010 at 9:31 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,321 through 19,335 (of 39,936 total)