Viewing 15 posts - 19,186 through 19,200 (of 39,936 total)
Is this what you want for the counter?
WITH ResolutionCTE (order_no, cntr)
AS
(
SELECT order_no, MAX(COUNTER) 'cntr'
FROM abcd
GROUP BY order_no
)
SELECT emp, COUNT(*)
FROM abcd a
INNER JOIN ResolutionCTE r
...
July 13, 2010 at 3:20 pm
I'm saying you need 3 queries, not 2, to join together. One for each requirement, then one to pull them together.
I don't understand what the 0 or 1 are in...
July 13, 2010 at 2:31 pm
RESTORE HEADERONLY also grabs the LSN. Those are linked together.
If you use the GUI and do it on the same machine, the backups are stored. If you are doing this...
July 13, 2010 at 2:29 pm
I tend to do the backup and restore as well. The Copy Database task was flaky in 2000 and I never trusted it in 2005. Not sure you gain anything...
July 13, 2010 at 2:28 pm
We have debated that here, and might. It's a somewhat long process to get it well integrated, and likely we'd want to scale our points up in other areas as...
July 13, 2010 at 2:12 pm
I think you have two queries here. You want a count by employee, but then the last employee based on order. Is that right? Seems like you are pulling together...
July 13, 2010 at 2:09 pm
What's "last". You don't show an ordering column. Or do you mean the counter column denotes which one is last? Is it the max value?
July 13, 2010 at 1:59 pm
I always thought Steinbrennar was a PIA, but no denying he wanted to win and was happy to spend money to do so.
RIP.
July 13, 2010 at 1:54 pm
The questions are not stupid, but it appears that you're asking about things without really doing much research, or you're making leaps that don't make sense. Why would you look...
July 13, 2010 at 1:53 pm
I'm not sure what the last column in your output means.
Also, we are happy to help, but we shouldn't be doing all the work. You should attempt to run a...
July 13, 2010 at 1:51 pm
What do you mean "first release"?
This applies to SQL Server 2008 RTM.
SQL Server 2008 R2 is a separate product. It is not a second release of SQL Server 2008. It...
July 13, 2010 at 10:34 am
I would do what Andrew has done. That's worked well for me.
One thing to be aware of is that you want the create table statements in the DTS (along...
July 13, 2010 at 10:31 am
You need to post it on the T-SQL Challenges site.
July 13, 2010 at 10:19 am
cold_blue (7/12/2010)
It's not feasible to run the package in both SSIS packages, it'll slow down the performance. It takes around 10-30mins to finish the package(for around 8k records)....
July 13, 2010 at 10:08 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,186 through 19,200 (of 39,936 total)