Viewing 15 posts - 19,171 through 19,185 (of 39,936 total)
Interesting. Have you checked SP_who2 and do you see the SQL Agent connected?
Anything in the Agent log?
It almost sounds like the Agent didn't fail over. Have you tried restarting the...
July 14, 2010 at 12:30 pm
When you say secondary node, I'm not sure what you mean. In A/P, one node is live as the active node. Doesn't matter which one it is.
Did you have a...
July 14, 2010 at 11:51 am
One other note, the recovery mode is a database option, not a server option. I believe most db options are not service restarting changes. Some might take the db offline,...
July 14, 2010 at 11:49 am
Ben,
That's exactly right. We've seen this happen with web servers, with a lot of success (and other issues). We recently did it here with the need for Sharepoint, but not...
July 14, 2010 at 9:10 am
tasnim.siddiqi (7/14/2010)
July 14, 2010 at 9:00 am
Service has been good and bad, in all industries for me. I think it has been bad at times when utilities become complacent. Just like government workers, they feel they...
July 14, 2010 at 8:57 am
Seth has some good ideas about where to look. This is one reason you should not use sa in your packages or connections. The pwd should be changed periodically for...
July 14, 2010 at 8:47 am
It is, unless the files get copied to a new server. New creation date. That's why I use naming conventions.
Most scripts, and the maint plans, will do this for you.
July 14, 2010 at 8:36 am
I usually say "never do x.... until you have to"
In the v6/6.5 days, temp tables where an issue. So we told all developers to "never" use temp tables.
Until we...
July 13, 2010 at 6:31 pm
Couple things. Make sure SQL Agent doesn't start. That will connect and use your one connection.
You will also not want to use the Object Explorer since that takes a connection....
July 13, 2010 at 5:19 pm
You are welcome and looking forward to seeing it.
July 13, 2010 at 5:05 pm
First, stop saying you are starting SSMS in single user mode. You start SSMS, the mode in which SQL Server is started is irrelevant.
The error you are getting is that...
July 13, 2010 at 4:45 pm
Like most anything, I think it depends. I have it in a lot of scripts to be sure that I end up in the right database.
However for things like deployment...
July 13, 2010 at 4:05 pm
You can use two CTEs in a single statement
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Common+Table+Expression+%28CTE%29/62291/
July 13, 2010 at 3:27 pm
It's still not clear. How does Access even come into play? If you can see the Lotus database as a connection, you connect to it in SSIS. If you cannot...
July 13, 2010 at 3:25 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,171 through 19,185 (of 39,936 total)