Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 19,201 through 19,215 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: The Private Cloud

    blandry (7/13/2010)


    ...

    Yes, techies are frothing at the mouth over cloud computing, but having attended two non-IT business seminars on it, few if any outside the techie-sphere are buying into it.

    I...

  • RE: Passed 70-448!

    Congrats!

  • RE: The Private Cloud

    Richard Gardner-291039 (7/13/2010)


    The fundamental problem seems to be that when you're serving objects to thousands or millions of people you just can't afford the overhead of keeping track of each...

  • RE: Are we in all these cities?

    I tend to dislike "syntax error" questions since they are usually easily corrected. Double click the error, find the line, examine it.

    However there are lots of people that don't seem...

  • RE: The Private Cloud

    TravisDBA (7/13/2010)


    Private clouds require considerable upfront investment in both hardware and software, so they are not a good choice for small and medium sized companies operating currently under tight budgets...

  • RE: The Private Cloud

    dhamilton-905368 (7/13/2010)


    Steve,

    I couldn't agree more, but have a couple of questions...

    1. When were you working with this DB2 system -- I'm not particularly versed...

  • RE: Best Practices Question

    Paul brings up a good point, but it depends on scale. I've had large, million row tables where the deletes were < 10% and didn't really cause issues. And they...

  • RE: Is Data Integrity really important or not

    You can implement it at the front end or back end. However, if you do it at the front end, then every time to make a call that touches data,...

  • RE: Help with SQL Coding

    Nice, Paul. I assume those are provided for testing, or other solutions and not for this problem. It's overkill and inefficient for what the OP is trying to accomplish here.

  • RE: what will happen if clustered index is dropped.

    Can you explain what you are doing or thinking here? Is this an interview question of some sort?

  • RE: The Utilty

    jcrawf02 (7/12/2010)


    mbricker-600840 (7/12/2010)


    I agree whole-heartedly with Jeff. IT is there to serve. Too many people forget that.

    Oh, and another thing, I certainly hope I provide service that is MORE stable...

  • RE: Select a minimum number of rows

    This is usually something you'd do in the client. You could potentially check for the row count (select count(*)) and if it's < 17, then you can add in a...

  • RE: Select a minimum number of rows

    What are you supposed to do if there are less than 17? Include zeros? Or not run the report?

    How is the report being run?

  • RE: Backing up to a network location

    I agree with Emily. Any hiccup will cause the backup to fail. Typically you back up locally and then copy to another server.

Viewing 15 posts - 19,201 through 19,215 (of 39,936 total)