Viewing 15 posts - 19,156 through 19,170 (of 39,936 total)
Hmmm, Roy, is Willemstad close to you? $650 in Feb from here. Is there a lower cost time to come out?
July 15, 2010 at 11:14 am
Roy Ernest (7/15/2010)
We are planning to experiment with remote speakers this coming September. If that works out, I will be bothering all of you.. 🙂
Definitely not a bother, though I...
July 15, 2010 at 11:10 am
I'd would be very curious if this worked when you failed back.
So, just to make it clear.
NodeA - Normally active node
NodeB - Normally passive node
- Jobs run on NodeA
- Failover...
July 15, 2010 at 9:00 am
I can't find it documented, but perhaps an allocation is counting as a split for some reason. I'll see if I can get a back channel response.
July 15, 2010 at 8:53 am
I have typically had jobs owned by sa, but not used sa for the Agent connection. That shouldn't be needed.
I don't know if the owner needs to be the same,...
July 15, 2010 at 8:51 am
Everything's kinda on that screen. I think you ought to try this yourself first and if it doesn't work, let us know what you've done.
July 15, 2010 at 8:49 am
I agree with Gail, I don't expect that you can do this. A backup is needed, and I'd caution you to note delete data if you don't have a backup.
July 15, 2010 at 8:48 am
Grant Fritchey (7/15/2010)
Alvin Ramard (7/15/2010)
We're considering using LiveMeeting in Memphis so that more people could "attend" the meeting.
We've talked about it a few times, but there hasn't been a lot...
July 15, 2010 at 8:46 am
I'll chime in as well, Paul. People every day still use @@identity and forgo transaction log backups. If you've solved it, likely there are a few thousand people out there...
July 15, 2010 at 8:44 am
Do you mean that you are inserting the PK value into each table and can't rewrite the inserts?
Honestly how long can it take, and if this is an update issue,...
July 14, 2010 at 4:31 pm
Thanks for the update. I suspect it was a transient error where somehow the Agent didn't move over and properly connect from the passive node.
If you can schedule downtime, or...
July 14, 2010 at 3:09 pm
I've altered the title. I can see how it upset some people expecting it to contain some SQL magic.
This happens all the time. Anyone that says this doesn't happen in...
July 14, 2010 at 1:37 pm
I am leaning towards what sturner has written.
Your data pages should not be splitting if you are always adding to the end of the row. However the intermediate pages in...
July 14, 2010 at 12:46 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,156 through 19,170 (of 39,936 total)