Viewing 15 posts - 18,976 through 18,990 (of 39,936 total)
It's not wasted space. You cannot run a Windows installation with 0% free space. Try it and you'll see. Things don't work. The same applies to SQL Server. There needs...
July 27, 2010 at 5:52 pm
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.
It does seem that there are lots of holes out there that are just let go by companies/people without thinking about the wider issues. Hopefully someone...
July 27, 2010 at 2:52 pm
Jack Corbett (7/27/2010)
Steve,Good luck on the NomCom interview!
Thanks, and right back at you.
July 27, 2010 at 2:02 pm
Does the error come right away or is there a delay? I don't know about restores, but backups do not like network delays.
July 27, 2010 at 12:27 pm
I think that will remove all databases.
AFAIK, there is no way to prevent all the databases from appearing. They are all stored in a table in SQL and SSMS reads...
July 27, 2010 at 12:25 pm
My wife loved Inception, actually wanted to go see it again. I'm not a big Dicaprio fan, but I thought he was fantastic in Shutter Island. He's a good actor,...
July 27, 2010 at 10:20 am
Or ask everyone that submits a high level session to submit a beginner level one on the same topic.
July 27, 2010 at 9:40 am
You have to call Microsoft to get official support. If this is for your company, you want a legal answer.
However I think that any passive use (clustering, log shipping, etc.)...
July 27, 2010 at 9:39 am
Depends on what you are doing.
Red Gate (my employer) has done a lot of work and SQL Response 2 looks like
SQL Sentry has a performance tool that you can...
July 27, 2010 at 9:37 am
You should be able to query for those dbs that have not had a backup in xx time. Then attach that result set to an email.
Or run the query twice....
July 27, 2010 at 9:36 am
I'd be surprised if this happened. Log Shipping, as is, is a fairly simple solution, and works fine. It also gives you a delay on the secondary, which mirroring doesn't...
July 27, 2010 at 9:33 am
I'd agree with what is in the other thread. This doesn't work in SQL Server. There isn't a way to read/write to the database from two servers. Any software/solution that...
July 27, 2010 at 9:28 am
I like Lowell's advice. Set to single user, then remove.
July 27, 2010 at 9:27 am
Just so you know, I saw the judge / speedo on an episode of Justified (http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/justified/) recently. It was the first thing to pop into my head when someone mentioned...
July 27, 2010 at 9:22 am
Viewing 15 posts - 18,976 through 18,990 (of 39,936 total)