Viewing 15 posts - 18,706 through 18,720 (of 39,936 total)
I would agree with scripting things. I'd script out all jobs and then search/replace.
August 19, 2010 at 8:08 am
I would vote for the WROX book as a good place to start.
August 19, 2010 at 8:03 am
There is no easy way to do this. A database isn't like the file system where you search everything. A search across different tables requires different queries with separate FROM...
August 18, 2010 at 9:44 pm
use a max() aggregate and a group by clause.
It's fairly simple, but it almost seems like this is homework. Try it yourself.
August 18, 2010 at 9:41 pm
I see NULL mostly as a "we need to get this data" marker. We don't know why it's not there, don't know what's there, but we need something.
August 18, 2010 at 9:32 pm
No, I don't think there are big issues. SQL Server is designed to handle files, even large ones. I think that you have some limitations around 2GB, but apart from...
August 18, 2010 at 9:28 pm
Implement logging, read the logs. They will provide more information
August 18, 2010 at 1:28 pm
I don't think we completely know what happened. That would be limited to a few people, but I think most reports agree he did not disclose passwords when asked, and...
August 18, 2010 at 1:27 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (8/18/2010)
What would PASS do about everybody writing in Steve on the Ballot this year?
Thanks for the vote. I would decline to serve.
August 18, 2010 at 1:25 pm
Ray K (8/18/2010)
Steve Jones - Editor (8/18/2010)
I shall decline to post my word for the day:w00t:
Understandable, Steve.
WTF?
As good a word (phrase?) as any.
August 18, 2010 at 1:24 pm
I shall decline to post my word for the day
:w00t:
August 18, 2010 at 10:33 am
Thanks, Alvin. Appreciate the kind words.
August 18, 2010 at 10:29 am
Thanks. I shall decline to comment on PASS further at this time.
August 18, 2010 at 10:15 am
256kb, should be in SQL, above 1MB, should be in the file system. I think it's a gray area in between.
You might reduce some SQL resources/IO from a large file,...
August 18, 2010 at 10:15 am
If you can be sure that it will always mean N/A, you could use it. Alternatively, you could use a code, something like 99989 to mean electric car.
It's how you...
August 18, 2010 at 9:10 am
Viewing 15 posts - 18,706 through 18,720 (of 39,936 total)