Viewing 15 posts - 16,501 through 16,515 (of 39,922 total)
David McKinney (4/5/2011)
I agree with you on the overall. However, I didn't quite understand your specific reference to the "brilliant" duplicate indexes note.
Could you expand on this?
Thanks...
April 5, 2011 at 8:28 am
Thanks to everyone. I enjoyed it at as well. Look for it again next year.
April 5, 2011 at 8:18 am
Thanks, I'm the last man standing, but certainly not the winner. Final standings:
Johan - 14
Allen - 10
Steve - 9
Bradley - 8
Sean - 7
sqlRaider - 6
Mark - 4
Dean - 4
I'll shoot...
April 5, 2011 at 7:38 am
Don't forget to think about running this for a year to catch those once a year processes.
If you think about removing anything, make sure you get a script of the...
April 4, 2011 at 4:13 pm
It is permissions. OS 5 is access denied from Windows.
there has to be something weird going on there. Can you run this on your system and perhaps see permissions and...
April 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm
Personally what I would do is make a small db on all servers for your admin stuff. Then have a job that populates a table in this db with the...
April 4, 2011 at 4:06 pm
It's definitely permissions. AFAIK, however, it's the SQL Service account, not the agent account, that needs permissions.
The agent logs in just like you do from your workstation. The backup is...
April 4, 2011 at 3:02 pm
I like Craig's advice, but Michael's is probably where I'd start. Usually shrinkage affects inventory, so I'd compare ordering with sales and look for discrepancies. One of the things you...
April 4, 2011 at 3:00 pm
I like the inventory project. Ought to be fairly simple, and it can be useful.
April 4, 2011 at 2:57 pm
Do you know what shrinkage is, from a data standpoint? Or is that where you are looking for guidance?
Once you define it, then you might play with the data mining...
April 4, 2011 at 12:47 pm
It sounds like someone might have messed with permissions on the server. If you set to LocalSystem as a test, does that work?
April 4, 2011 at 12:35 pm
First, make sure you understand the difference between user and login. You will not necessarily want to remove logins. If you are restoring, then you should understand what the implication...
April 4, 2011 at 12:34 pm
The biggest problem I've heard about is the lack of additional tuning done with the ORM tools. Implicit conversions with varchar -> nvarchar (and vice versa) can be an issue,...
April 4, 2011 at 12:23 pm
Can you not join all three tables on the ConsignmentValue field and just display the date?
select a.date1, b.date2, c.date3
from a
inner join b
...
April 4, 2011 at 11:30 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,501 through 16,515 (of 39,922 total)