Viewing 15 posts - 16,486 through 16,500 (of 39,922 total)
The Transcender practice exams I have seen in the past used to contain the actual questions on the MS exams. There was a time when Transcender, or at least someone...
April 6, 2011 at 2:08 pm
You can use an application role to limit permissions inside the database to an application, but that does not alleviate some type of login, and as Gail mentioned, it does...
April 6, 2011 at 1:47 pm
Mirroring would move the connections automatically, though it does require a more regular connection between the systems, or a good log size managements strategy.
Clustering isn't likely what you need, though...
April 6, 2011 at 1:26 pm
Stephen's suggestions is what I've done in the past for similar situations, though usually for me it's been diff char sizes that exploded things.
In SSIS, you can get a "bad"...
April 6, 2011 at 1:19 pm
AFAIK, ssms.exe is the SSMS executable. Can you search for that?
April 6, 2011 at 1:08 pm
Please show your query, and then work on explaining the logic a bit more. It will help if you use quotes to show actual text that should be replaced, and...
April 6, 2011 at 1:02 pm
Brandie Tarvin (4/6/2011)
CirquedeSQLeil (4/6/2011)
Never heard of G-Force other than the Disney Guinea Pig movie.
I heard Disney was doing G-Force and got all excited.
Then I found out it was about guinea...
April 6, 2011 at 12:20 pm
Battle of the Planets/G-Force, I loved that. I'll have to show the kids. I got one kid to try StarBlazers and he really enjoyed the second or third season. I...
April 6, 2011 at 11:00 am
Doh! I do need some QA. I must have typo'd it while adding the image.
Here's the URL: http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2010/10/hacking_trial_b.html
April 6, 2011 at 7:14 am
I found this, from Bob Beauchamin, who I think is very knowledgeable on stuff like this: http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=70053
Basically the XML updates are singletons, so you need two update statements as this...
April 5, 2011 at 9:21 am
GSquared (4/5/2011)
April 5, 2011 at 9:18 am
Michael has some good questions. Replication, BTW, is not repetition or repeated rows. It also means something else in SQL Server.
I missed the sentence about duplicate values, and my apologies....
April 5, 2011 at 8:50 am
CirquedeSQLeil (4/4/2011)
April 5, 2011 at 8:47 am
Randy Rabin (4/5/2011)
Just to say up front that I've never used Connect so no first-hand experience. But, could it be that they've just closed the window for new functionality for...
April 5, 2011 at 8:31 am
Hugo Kornelis (4/5/2011)
Hey Steve,I'm not sure if your assumption holds.
Not an assumption, or it wasn't for me. I had 4 items closed with no comment. A week or so later...
April 5, 2011 at 8:29 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,486 through 16,500 (of 39,922 total)