Viewing 15 posts - 16,516 through 16,530 (of 39,922 total)
creating a procedure or creating a job is just executing a T-SQL batch. It can be more complicated in terms of permissions and you will have to resolve that, but...
April 4, 2011 at 9:37 am
The other thing I thought about here is what is the second process? What are you doing after 2 minutes. The type of process might dictate what I'd recommend.
April 4, 2011 at 9:26 am
You could do that, but I think you'd have to architect the readers carefully and you might have a scale issue. I'm not sure that the complexity of setting up,...
April 4, 2011 at 9:24 am
I think I'd agree with the last comment. Agile doesn't mean somehow losing control or making changes that are not well thought through and tested. I used to work on...
April 4, 2011 at 9:21 am
Our developer is supposed to be cleaning this up. It looks like a forum permissions issue, but it is a bit of a manual process to get tested. Likely it's...
April 4, 2011 at 9:17 am
David Crowder (4/4/2011)
April 4, 2011 at 9:13 am
Snow out in Colorado. It was 70+F on Saturday and then a snow-out Sunday.
Gotta love Colorado. Course, I'm happy since it means I didn't miss the first game for the...
April 4, 2011 at 9:08 am
SanjayAttray (4/1/2011)
Happy April 1.Was a good read until two lines and then http://www..kiss.com. LOL.
:-P:-D
April 1, 2011 at 12:19 pm
CUs do give you a good option, but they are not exhaustively tested, and they call that out on the pages for them. A service pack is more than a...
April 1, 2011 at 11:29 am
Roy Ernest (4/1/2011)
Shaken and hurts. Other wise I am Ok. Thx
good to hear. I've had a few over the years and even when you come out OK, you're hurt in...
April 1, 2011 at 11:22 am
Great call in Service Broker. It could work, but service broker still tries to activate immediately when you read the message. I think even with SB, you'll want to have...
April 1, 2011 at 11:15 am
H-122523 (4/1/2011)
Interesting editorial, this, as it connects failure to probability.
In the end, we all make up the statistics; I just finished 'The Black Swan' (not about the movie!)...
April 1, 2011 at 11:12 am
I use sa for the owner, and heard Brent Ozar last week recommend the same thing. It's consistent as an owner and it doesn't matter for security.
April 1, 2011 at 9:59 am
A bunch of my blogs here: http://voiceofthedba.wordpress.com/tag/sql-connections/
April 1, 2011 at 9:51 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,516 through 16,530 (of 39,922 total)