Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16,246 through 16,260 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: TempDB is Unneccessary

    HowardW (5/5/2011)


    On the original question, I suspect with most work profiles, you'd get better overall system performance from putting TempDB on physical disk and allocating the RAM you were going...

  • RE: Running as SysAdmin

    http://www.ssrstips.com (5/4/2011)


    I would agree that the overall security structure when you get to many admin tasks is confusing, and it's not well designed from an ergonomic standpoint. It's as flexible...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Craig Farrell (5/4/2011)


    I work for a living, dangit, they meet rarely and at a really bad time for me. I don't usually leave the office before 6.

    I might make...

  • RE: TempDB is Unneccessary

    GilaMonster (5/5/2011)


    Fal (5/5/2011)


    Thanks for this Steve. I was beginning to get worried that no one could list a single item/thing guaranteed to hit tempdb regardless of memory.

    Bear in mind...

  • RE: SQL DB connections

    Usually it's the latter, but opening connections doesn't affect the transaction log. If you have login auditing running, it will enter data in the SQL Server Error log and potentially...

  • RE: Replication DR

    Thanks, I liked this one.

  • RE: Running as SysAdmin

    http://www.ssrstips.com (5/4/2011)


    Forgive me in advance for a bit of a rant but by raising lack of knowledge about SQL Server security and then failing to offer any solution (other than...

  • RE: DTS Programming

    If it's for high level administrators, then why not this?

    Create procedure MoveDate

    @id int

    as

    insert Final

    select *

    from temp

    where temp.id = @id

  • RE: Table Data

    There isn't a good way to figure out what's in tables. If I create a C0101 table, SQL Server has no idea what I store in there. You're depending on...

  • RE: Heaps

    Chris Houghton (5/4/2011)


    Nice technical question Steve. Are some of these recent questions resulting from you studying for the MCM Certification?

    They are. I'm trying to pick items that I think...

  • RE: DTS Programming

    DTS isn't really built for this. It would be more like something you would do in a web page or reporting services. To make this work you would have to...

  • RE: Table Data

    If there is an application, or a specific set of data you are looking to find, here's what I'd suggest. Make note of some values that you want to query...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Craig Farrell (5/3/2011)


    Side topic, has anyone here looked for employee or resume submittals via SSC? If so, what was your quality of recipients? We're running into a dearth...

  • RE: Heaps

    4 heap structures. If you read the reference, it states this.

  • RE: Urgent - Database Backup (with minimal data)

    You can mount your production database on the QA server with Red Gate's Virtual Restore (http://www.red-gate.com/products/dba/sql-virtual-restore/). There are also a few other products that can do something similar (one from...

Viewing 15 posts - 16,246 through 16,260 (of 39,922 total)