Performance Counters

• Nice question thanks! I agree that more like this would be nice.

• SanDroid (5/9/2011)

Peter Trast (5/9/2011)

We have had alot of really good questions the last few weeks, although I am not sure if questions that DON'T start a debate are really so great after all 🙂

LOL Peter... did you foget the j/k after that?

Seriously though I have to agree.

Being able to debate and prove an answer or statement is correct without using misquoted data or invalid jumps in logic is very important when teaching professional adults.

My MCT course had a statement that stuck with me;

"Children will believe in anything, Adults require some proof."

:laugh:

Yeah, I was only half-kidding 🙂 I don't like how serious some people get when they are trying to make their opinion the winning point of view, BUT an animated discussion reveals alot of deep info.

Peter Trast
    Microsoft Certified ...(insert many literal strings here)
    Microsoft Design Architect with Alexander Open Systems

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/9/2011)

Christian Buettner-167247 (5/9/2011)

The answer does not sound right to me.

For heaps, there are no page splits, therefore the only counter that gives me the answer for both, indexes & heaps, is the Pages Allocated/sec counter.

While you are correct that page splits do not occur for heaps, it also means that there is no movement to new pages. This isn't pages used for data, the question asked for pages on which data is moved.

Hi Steve, when the 2nd row from my example heap is updated, the data of the 2nd row actually is being moved to a new page.

Best Regards,

Chris Büttner

• Chris,

You are right, and I've altered the question to specify non-heaps.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply