Viewing 15 posts - 16,261 through 16,275 (of 39,922 total)
Syed Jahanzaib Bin hassan (5/4/2011)
There are several Administration Books for SQL Server 2008 are available on theBooks
Lab Manuals
Videos
Editor: Link removed.
File sharing sites like the one I removed are copyright...
May 4, 2011 at 8:06 am
And we'll always have those errors. Cables pulled out of servers, something dropped, something spilled.
May 4, 2011 at 7:20 am
You haven't necessarily defined a problem that well so far and there have been some questions asked that you haven't answered.
I would look at Target Server Memory for all instances...
May 4, 2011 at 7:18 am
RTO applies to the system, and it could be defined in various ways. However #4 doesn't say all clients or every client. An outage could easily be unevenly distributed. A...
May 4, 2011 at 7:16 am
Craig Farrell (5/4/2011)
May 4, 2011 at 7:13 am
JP Dakota (5/3/2011)
May 3, 2011 at 4:26 pm
Craig Farrell (5/3/2011)
May 3, 2011 at 4:24 pm
Eric M Russell (5/3/2011)
May 3, 2011 at 11:22 am
I probably do, but so the OP knows, plenty of queries on a normal system will spike at 100% CPU. That's not necessarily a problem.
May 3, 2011 at 11:07 am
Nothing is ever written to the backup file. It is read-only. The sparse files created will store any changes made.
May 3, 2011 at 11:06 am
The time to restore on a USB drive will vary (SB2, USB3 interface). eSata will be quicker, but it's time.
For Virtual Restore it's very quick. No data is copied and...
May 3, 2011 at 10:51 am
One thing to think about is keeping a 1TB USB drive around for times like this. Make the restore happen on that volume, then try to resize the database.
Another alternative...
May 3, 2011 at 10:27 am
Second vote for SQL in a nutshell for SQL.
If you want SQL Server, pick up any SQL Server 2008 admin book. They're all about 80% the same. Go through it...
May 3, 2011 at 9:03 am
Congrats, Gail. Well deserved, I'm sure. I missed it online, but I will try to make it live.
May 3, 2011 at 8:59 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,261 through 16,275 (of 39,922 total)