Viewing 15 posts - 16,111 through 16,125 (of 39,922 total)
In Management Studio, Object Explorer, you have a Management folder. Click that, and in there is the "SQL Server Logs" folder.
There are also logs under SQL Server Agent.
May 18, 2011 at 12:10 pm
GilaMonster (5/18/2011)
When will people stop recommending Emergency mode repair as the default action with a suspect DB. That's about the 4th time I've seen that garbage this week.
Forget shrink database,...
May 18, 2011 at 10:38 am
Any ideas? It's for me, and not critical, but I found it interesting:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1111177-392-1.aspx
May 18, 2011 at 10:35 am
Thanks for the update. I was thinking that it was an unwieldy amount of data for even small sets of data. 550B. Wow.
May 18, 2011 at 10:11 am
I've set up notifications, not just for objects, but also sp_configure changes and agent jobs, just to try and catch any "undocumented" changes.
May 18, 2011 at 8:55 am
My Posts definitely has a limit in how many is shows. It's partially a performance thing, and partially just poorly implemented. Have you tried the search in the upper right,...
May 18, 2011 at 8:52 am
Good question. A few people learned that the bulk logged mode allows for log shipping.
May 18, 2011 at 8:50 am
Eric M Russell (5/17/2011)
Would "working harder" within the context of programming would mean taking fewer breaks?
I think that's working longer.
Harder means doing things that are more challenging and more risky,...
May 17, 2011 at 11:46 am
It's not clear. Are you saying all permutations of numbers from one table, including non-existent values?
Because 44 isn't a permutation that's a combination of your input set. However if you...
May 17, 2011 at 10:30 am
A cross join will give you all combinations.
Dropping into a new table with an identity property will give you a count. Or you could use ROW_NUMBER() to artificially generate these...
May 17, 2011 at 10:00 am
Grant Fritchey (5/17/2011)
True, but this one time, I'm taking the supposed high road. I've posted that I have sessions. I'm done. Vote or not. I'm in or not. I'd love...
May 17, 2011 at 9:26 am
OCTom (5/17/2011)
Steve,
It's interesting that you mention plumbing. I spent most of last weekend replacing piping in my house. I find plumbing to be easy and enjoyable. I can sweat pipes...
May 17, 2011 at 8:58 am
dma-669038 (5/17/2011)
May 17, 2011 at 8:55 am
Koen Verbeeck (5/17/2011)
And now I've reached the 5000-points milestone.W00t w00t! :w00t: 😎 :hehe:
Ahem.... Back to the tasks at hand... 😀
congrats
May 17, 2011 at 8:52 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,111 through 16,125 (of 39,922 total)