Viewing 15 posts - 16,096 through 16,110 (of 39,922 total)
SQLRNNR (5/19/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/18/2011)
Any ideas? It's for me, and not critical, but I found it interesting:http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1111177-392-1.aspx
Was anything that was posted helpful on that Steve?
Not sure, we'll see...
May 19, 2011 at 3:40 pm
I think you avoid most of it, but AFAIK, there still needs to be some extra space in the db because the index structure has to exist in the database....
May 19, 2011 at 3:39 pm
mister.magoo (5/19/2011)
[rant]This takes the biscuit http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1112017.aspx
[/rant]
I think it's time for happy hour. That's crazy
May 19, 2011 at 2:37 pm
Thanks, felt like I was timewarped back to writing record stores in the filesystem with C. Hard to explain to someone that has such a different view of how a...
May 19, 2011 at 2:16 pm
Any chance someone can go a better job than me in explaining this is a bad idea: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1111536-392-1.aspx?Update=1
May 19, 2011 at 12:22 pm
Loading a TB really depends on your I/O and network. The best way to load it would depend on whether it's one time or 1TB regularly. However you loading it...
May 19, 2011 at 12:19 pm
How much data are you moving?
Loading data into temp tables is one thing, but combining them in a view isn't the way to go. A copy of the data inside...
May 19, 2011 at 10:00 am
2. If you mean multiple threads, yes. It's the same as multiple people inserting at one time. If it's a large load, however, the parallelism may not help you. You...
May 19, 2011 at 9:46 am
Some very interesting quotes in the discussion:
My advice? If you want to work hard and do the best job you can, do so for your own satisfaction. Don't
do so for...
May 19, 2011 at 8:59 am
LOL, lots of Ps there.
There is some strange caching for performance. We use the InstantForum code in a fairly stock manner. We've added some hooks in there, but not a...
May 19, 2011 at 8:41 am
Virtual Box would be good, though I'd like articles with VPC and VMWare as well as guides.
May 18, 2011 at 5:18 pm
It's not intermediate pages, it's that a rebuild of the index creates a duplicate index. Because it's transactional, it builds a new one, uses space (hence db growth) and then...
May 18, 2011 at 1:31 pm
I didn't exclude matching, but I was thinking along the lines of lottery or ping pong balls. I only have a list of numbers, so if I have 1, 2,...
May 18, 2011 at 1:30 pm
The Dixie Flatline (5/18/2011)
I don't have time to code and test today, but since the same set of points is being cross joined multiple times, perhaps a recursive CTE?
Was thinking...
May 18, 2011 at 1:28 pm
Brandie Tarvin (5/18/2011)
But out of curiosity, what would be your reason for using these combinations? So I could work on a prettier solution.
Strictly curiosity
May 18, 2011 at 1:25 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 16,096 through 16,110 (of 39,922 total)