Viewing 15 posts - 15,946 through 15,960 (of 39,921 total)
A couple hints.
First, an admin can make a connection to any machine with the C$ share. So if you had a server called "SQL01", you could easily do this:
type \\SQL01\c$\MyTextFile.txt
which...
June 10, 2011 at 5:18 pm
Note that sp_update_job might be your best bet, script a loop through all jobs
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188745.aspx
Again, change this to a distribution list, not a list of individual emails
June 10, 2011 at 4:17 pm
Potentially you can do an update to msdb, but I would be very careful here.
You should not be sending to users, but to a distribution list of some sort. This...
June 10, 2011 at 4:15 pm
You can only have one partition function. How do you plan to relate 20110101 with AVMselect? There's no logical way to put these together and determine which values go in...
June 10, 2011 at 1:48 pm
The only incremental backups are log backups, but they aren't since the full backup. They are incremental from the last log backup.
Full backups have all data, and log records from...
June 10, 2011 at 12:20 pm
Broken clocks are right twice a day. Let's see the Rocks get through a couple series and win them
June 10, 2011 at 10:55 am
Using an identity doesn't mean that you have a large number. You could calculate a column of the date + identity if needed.
Alternatively, why not just calculate the "next" number...
June 9, 2011 at 3:23 pm
By default, you have no permissions on an object, say a table called "Sales"
If I use GRANT, I add permissions for you to view sales.
If I then use REVOKE, I...
June 9, 2011 at 1:59 pm
Someone sent me this: http://scrubs.codeplex.com/
HTH
June 9, 2011 at 1:22 pm
I'd look at virtual file stats for the tempdb data file.
Quite a few posts here as well: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlserverstorageengine/archive/tags/tempdb/
Ultimately it comes down to measuring how much the...
June 9, 2011 at 1:21 pm
GilaMonster (6/9/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/9/2011)
June 9, 2011 at 1:05 pm
I am not an expert on those tools, but from what I understand, those tools are more built to manage the server itself. They look at performance and activity, but...
June 9, 2011 at 1:04 pm
Just an FYI, those of you that posted in the "real world financial problem", I whacked the thread. No replies or discussion seemed to be of use to the site...
June 9, 2011 at 12:56 pm
Short way: grant new permissions first, then revoke old ones.
As mentioned above, you need to determine their permissions. You can use this to help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms176097.aspx
What you want to do...
June 9, 2011 at 12:54 pm
Stefan Krzywicki (6/9/2011)
The biggest surprise for me was when I had to have a headlight replaced. I went in to the dealership expecting the typical $20 (On other cars I...
June 9, 2011 at 12:42 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 15,946 through 15,960 (of 39,921 total)