Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 15,961 through 15,975 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: analyzing/monitor tool?

    I don't know of anything that will tell you what is being used from an automated fashion. I suspect that you'd need something that combs through SSRS logs and tries...

  • RE: problem with BCP

    Just ran this:

    C:\Users\Steve>bcp "select * from db1.dbo.mytable" queryout out.txt -C -T -t "|" -S sevenfalls

    I didn't see a server name in yours.

  • RE: PerfectDisk Vs DisKeeper

    Haven't tested them together, but both have worked for me. I have been hesitant to use them without stopping SQL Server. Even then, make sure I have 2 backups, just...

  • RE: 16 disks Best config design!>

    Not to make it more complicated, but where are backup files going? I'd make sure you have space somewhere separate from the data files.

    Do you use tempdb a lot? If...

  • RE: Do you use the Transfer Database Task

    The transfer task, if it's the same as 2005, just automates the object creation and then the transfer of data from one place to another.

    It works, but you could potentially...

  • RE: Find variable length text string

    Be careful of using LEN, as noted by Philpacha.

    Datalength is much better: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms173486.aspx

  • RE: database got deleted

    Note that the default trace is limited in size, so it might not be there.

    This can be hard to track down if a lot of activity has happened on the...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (6/9/2011)


    I post too much.

    Congrats!

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Brandie Tarvin (6/9/2011)


    Hey, Steve (and other Prius owners), I just heard about this and wanted to pass it along:

    Toyota says a problem with electric power steering is prompting a recall...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Brandie Tarvin (6/9/2011)


    Just a reminder for anyone in or near Dallas this weekend. I'll be attending A-kon 22 to promote and sign anthology copies of The Ladies of Trade Town....

  • RE: create table in a script t sql !?

    Something like this:

    declare @t varchar(max)

    declare @n varchar(50)

    set @n = 'MyAppMyTable'

    select @t = 'create table [' + @n + '] ( [Person_ID] [int] NOT NULL,

    [MayLog] [bit] NOT NULL,

    [Rubrique] [bit] NOT NULL...

  • RE: TDE and Replication

    Glad you liked it. Not sure you can read much into the distribution since it might be a guess for many of the correct answers. This wasn't to try and...

  • RE: RID

    That sounds right, but out of curiosity, are you trying to use this for something?

  • RE: Search Results Page Request

    date meaning data published?

    For repeats, the latest date?

    What about tags?

  • RE: Logshipping

    rfr.ferrari (6/8/2011)


    fire or explosion was only examples!!!! but if crash my hd? if the hardware by anytime fail??

    you are missing the point. Log shipping is not just there for handling...

Viewing 15 posts - 15,961 through 15,975 (of 39,921 total)