Viewing 15 posts - 15,331 through 15,345 (of 39,921 total)
I agree with Roy that I might not use db_datareader/writer. If you have exceptions, you get into DENYs in roles and that gets confusing.
Create your own two role and assign...
August 31, 2011 at 8:22 am
You can easily add space to tempdb by right clicking the database in SSMS and changing the size of files if you don't have autogrow set.
August 30, 2011 at 11:12 am
any of these could work. I tend to like replication since it picks up by itself if the connection is down or delayed, but you need to administer it a...
August 30, 2011 at 11:11 am
Was just about to post what Gus did. You're confusing rows and columns a bit.
Since you have multiple rows with points, you get those results as rows returned if you...
August 30, 2011 at 11:09 am
While both are created in tempdb, it is possible that both table variables and temp tables are memory resident as well
August 30, 2011 at 6:27 am
Jack Corbett (8/29/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/29/2011)
Anyone see plagiarism here:http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/context_info()/74332/
http://www.thecodepage.com/post/TIP-A-Call-Stack-in-SQL-Server.aspx
It's hard to say. It is very close, but the implementation is just different enough that it probably...
August 29, 2011 at 4:56 pm
Anyone see plagiarism here:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/context_info()/74332/
http://www.thecodepage.com/post/TIP-A-Call-Stack-in-SQL-Server.aspx
August 29, 2011 at 2:55 pm
Checked on Jeff's copyright issue. Simple Talk has given permission to that UK group, but I am unsure of there was permission given for Jeff's article. We are checking, though...
August 29, 2011 at 2:55 pm
Will check on it. Bank holiday in the UK, so might be a day or two
August 29, 2011 at 11:46 am
Ray K (8/26/2011)
Three grand slams?!? 22 runs???Are you kidding me???
As Bob Uecker once famously said, "a couple of grand slams and we're right back in this thing!"
Amazing. HEard about...
August 29, 2011 at 10:16 am
Added a note to the answer to specify encrypted databases. It's not necessarily wrong, but it makes the question better, I think.
August 29, 2011 at 10:15 am
Thanks, that's what we were hoping for.
It's a little hard to manage as we have 6 or 7 in progress, but we'll keep going and I've sent the XML notes...
August 29, 2011 at 10:13 am
WayneS (8/28/2011)
Jeff Moden (8/27/2011)
August 29, 2011 at 9:28 am
Also, we have a free ebook on XSD here: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/books/65843/
August 29, 2011 at 8:55 am
Jacob Sebastion has a great series on working with XML in terms of queries: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SS2K5+-+XML/3022/
In terms of indexes and other aspects of XML, I think you might have something here....
August 29, 2011 at 8:54 am
Viewing 15 posts - 15,331 through 15,345 (of 39,921 total)