Viewing 15 posts - 15,166 through 15,180 (of 39,921 total)
Grant Fritchey (9/23/2011)
GSquared (9/23/2011)
Grant Fritchey (9/23/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (9/23/2011)
Now I feel like an idiot and a little naive for using Amazon so much: http://t.co/gm3hPsGv
Based on a long history...
September 23, 2011 at 11:15 am
Password Safe is an open source product.
September 23, 2011 at 11:04 am
Can you define what unresponsive means? Are you sure it's the server and not your client?
The inability to process a login usually means there are DDL triggers in place or...
September 23, 2011 at 9:28 am
Now I feel like an idiot and a little naive for using Amazon so much: http://t.co/gm3hPsGv
September 23, 2011 at 9:20 am
BenWard (9/23/2011)
People seem to forget that every tool, every...
September 23, 2011 at 9:18 am
Yes and no. You have the right idea, but the problem is that UserA is inside SQL Server. When you execute the CLR, you should still be inside SQL Server,...
September 23, 2011 at 9:14 am
majorbloodnock (9/23/2011)
I've been doing a lot of nodding whilst reading some of these replies.For me, the following are major gaps I see, often in surprisingly senior IT people.
...
Excellent list of...
September 23, 2011 at 9:10 am
You can, but I wouldn't. Is there some reason you wouldn't want to use something like KeePass/Password Safe?
September 23, 2011 at 9:05 am
Thanks for the repost. I'll check those out.
September 23, 2011 at 9:05 am
We did a few things at various companies.
At one, once a year we sent a team offsite (random admins/DBAs/Devs) and gave them backup tapes, media for software, and a blank...
September 23, 2011 at 9:03 am
Chris is correct. First you need security and stopgap controls. After that, there are lots of ways to track things. Here is a series I wrote on what worked for...
September 23, 2011 at 8:54 am
You should be able to log ship to a higher version. Backup/restore definitely should work back a version or two (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms186858.aspx). It's just a restore, though if you switch over,...
September 23, 2011 at 8:48 am
Set the default during setup or later in the server properties. Master comes from the startup parameter. Everything else comes from stored values in master.
September 23, 2011 at 8:41 am
Jason is correct. Rebuilding on the primary will rebuild on the secondary.
There's no magic in log shipping. It backs up the transaction log and restores it. You can configure log...
September 22, 2011 at 7:57 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 15,166 through 15,180 (of 39,921 total)