Why so few topics on SQL Azure - Is anybody using it?

• I started this thread more than a year ago now. Thanks very much for the replies to date.

We're now about to kick off another round of evaluation (partly using Redgate SQL Compare tools - thanks Grant). Its an established SQL Server solution with an ASP.NET GUI and a Web Service based business logic tier. We're aiming to try it all on Azure.

Which prompted me to start wondering again, is anyone actively working with SQL Azure yet?

Thanks

Tim

• Tim Walker. (9/27/2011)

I started this thread more than a year ago now. Thanks very much for the replies to date.

We're now about to kick off another round of evaluation (partly using Redgate SQL Compare tools - thanks Grant). Its an established SQL Server solution with an ASP.NET GUI and a Web Service based business logic tier. We're aiming to try it all on Azure.

Which prompted me to start wondering again, is anyone actively working with SQL Azure yet?

Thanks

Tim

I still am, but that's because we're building tools for it. Check out SQL Azure Backup.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• I do see some MVPs posting about their work with Azure and asking questions about how things function and when changes are coming. Not sure what I can disclose about specifics. However I don't see much else coming from people outside of Microsoft.

I'll post a note on Twitter tomorrow and see if I can get people to respond.

• Grant Fritchey (9/27/2011)

Tim Walker. (9/27/2011)

I started this thread more than a year ago now. Thanks very much for the replies to date.

Thanks

Tim

I still am, but that's because we're building tools for it. Check out SQL Azure Backup.

Thanks Grant, I'll give that a go.

Tim

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply